Update 1.2 - Dual Wield a Rocket Launcher - Now Available!

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Kenzie, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

You asked for more weapons, so we've added the Click Launcher!

[​IMG]

Dual wield your Click Pistol & the new Click Launcher - which fires a powerful rocket every 10 clicks.

Want to shoot more than 1 rocket at a time?
    Want the Click Weapons to automatically fire?
    Wish you could speed up the Idle-Mode Targeting?

Start collecting Weapon Cubes and spend them on Augments like these to make your Click Weapons even better.

You can check out the full change log for update 1.2 here.

What's Next...

Meet the Click Cannon. The more you click, the more bullets per shot, the more damage you do!

The Click Cannon will be in the next big update. We're using the Flak Cannon from Time Rifters (shown below) as inspiration.
    [​IMG]

What do you think of the update? Any suggestions?

I88I, Konstamonsta and Sporkypoo like this.
  2. Muche

Muche Elite

I'm wondering, is there a way to see what framerate is my system capable of?

3. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

One interesting thing, we updated our promotional material a bit for this update.

You'll notice the first image Kenzie posted is our new banner on Steam. It is almost like an incremental game in an image. It will update to 1.3 when the Click Cannon is unlocked.

Youtubers can be pretty good at marketing, we noticed that skyzm was putting guns on the thumbnails, which seemed like a great idea. Our abstract background doesn't give the impression it is a shooter:
    [​IMG]

So we wanted to work in some gun imagery, but wanted it to fit the theme. Here's a bad mockup:
    [​IMG]

Kinda ugly, the firework explosion doesn't help at all.

But we decided to just turn the promo material into an extension of the game by adding the 3 elements:
    1. 3 Weapon Upgrade Buttons (with weapon imagery)
    2. Alert "Click Launcher Unlocked"
    3. Re-use the Gold Widget as a Version Widget

And we end up with this:
    [​IMG]

Kenzie likes this.
  4. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

I use Fraps. Pretty sure they have a free version. It will overlay your current framerate in a yellow number on the game. It's also what we use for video capture.

5. conorpo

conorpo Rookie

Kenzie please check out my suggestion thread on the forums and reddit.

6. Voxelkopf

Voxelkopf Spec Ops

I just made a shocking discovery.
    You see, the W on Weapon Cubes doesn't stand for "Weapon".

...the W stands for "Wrestling".

You're using the essence of WWE superstars to power up your weapons.
    </dumbjoke>

7. Pokecrafter

Pokecrafter Rookie

@Proton @Kenzie I think it takes too long to get to wave 1000, maybe change the weapon cubes to wave 500? I've been playing for a while now, but it takes soooo long to get to wave 1000.

8. Muche

Muche Elite

That depends on number of TimeCubes you've collected (and artifacts you've spent them on). With enough of them you can reach wave 1000 in an hour or less.

9. Talonne

Talonne Rookie

Love the new update, but I have a question. Just wondering about the Auto Fire on the Click Launcher. I have used Weapons Cubes to upgrade the Launcher to Auto Fire 15 times per minute. But it isn't. I am only getting one shot for every 8 (upgraded from 10) shots of the Click Pistol. The Click Pistol auto fires as it should at 30 times per minute. Is there something I've missed?

Wael likes this.
  10. Muche

Muche Elite

@Talonne: From another thread:

11. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Like @Muche said the Click Pistol always shoots a bullet whenever you click, which is why it shoots using the auto-fire augment. By default, it takes the Click Launcher 10 clicks to fire a rocket. Each auto-fire augment is basically 1 click so you need to level this up to 10 in order for it to actually fire a rocket. You can reduce this number by spending Weapon Cubes on the augment that reduces the # of clicks required to fire a rocket.

Talonne likes this.
  12. Talonne

Talonne Rookie

Thanks much! I knew I was missing something!

13. Pokecrafter

Pokecrafter Rookie

Well, I still think it takes a long time. It's just an idea to make the game more fun.

14. Dimps

Dimps Elite

It took me about 2 days to reach wave1000+.
    Not so much time to reach an "end-game" content.

15. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

Dimps. It may have taken you 2 days to reach 1000, but I can tell from what you have said in other threads that you are experienced with clicker games, and are pretty skilled at finding the best path. I'm not that skilled. It took me a month to reach that consistently (and then I moved to an autoclicker due to impatience and lack of time to play) Not everyone has that time to play or your experience and skill, so saying it took you 2 days is not a good guideline.

Gonna take the rest of us especially those not who don't want to resort to scripting to get to your level a while longer. So saying it takes 2 days not really worthwhile saying. Don't think you are bragging, only that it gives unrealistic impressions to those who can't afford the time to really commit to the game the way you have obviously done.

Maybe if you gave tips about how to maximize the efficiency of a build to those who are struggling.Am not using a really efficient build myself - spread a little too thin, but doing ok thorough brute force. Maybe you could give a few tips rather than saying it can take a few days and discouraging those who cant keep up due to lack of experience?

Just a thought. No disrespect. Think you are a very good player.

16. Dimps

Dimps Elite

I think it's quite realistic. 2 days is about 48 hours minus sleep. Lets say 40 hours. If you know you can commit about 1 hour per day, that will obviously mean it will take you a little more than a month.

Even better, since you are not sitting there clicking, but waiting for your auto-weapons to do the job, guys who are more idle than me will gain the results actually faster than 40 real hours.

You want tips? Sure. This game was not what I expected: it turned out auto-weapons are really good, not just for the looks. They can and will do all the work.
    So just stick to buffing your dps and your auto-weapons. I gave pistol priority, since it's first weapon that will get great buff when you will get enough money. I have also found that buffing gold income from Gold Rush, and probably buffing team dps ability a bit - is cheap and very efficient since after each warp you will get all abilities activated, so it's much more gold = much more dps = vicious circle.

When prices of dps and abilities are high, it's worth looking into saving time with "less maps per wave" and "starting wave". But make sure you buy starting wave shift one at a time, measuring it with "starting gold" artifact. If you buy too much wave shift, you won't be able to destroy even a single block and will have to do the reset. Buy some "get more cubes" too.

Load. Repeat. Goes really fast ;)

17. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

I think part of the fun is having something cool to look forward to. I'm also a pretty slow player, I will dedicate 5 minute chunks when I die in counter-strike or between matches in Rocket League. Sometimes I will spend longer, depends on what point the game is at.

Even though I've had about a week head start on collecting weapon cubes, I've only got 999 of them right now. @Dimps has 984,834! I know my next 1000 Weapon Cubes will be easier to get than the first 1000.

We're thinking the Click Cannon will take 10,000 Weapon Cubes to unlock. For me that will be a struggle, but that should make it feel like more of a reward. For Dimps, that could be really easy and not as rewarding though. But getting all the upgrades on it will still take a lot of time. Plus we could add some new upgrades to the Click Pistol.

18. Dimps

Dimps Elite

Haha, thanks for noticing, @Proton. I was preparing for :weaponcube: update (still missed it - fell asleep) for a long time, upgrading artifacts specifically to increase :weaponcube: farming speed.

I believe right now I'm top :weaponcube: among non-cheaters. Juggernauts like @Alyssa and @Joe could have crushed me, with their overwhelming amount of :timecube:, but looks like they are not interested :)
    I also like how I go toe-to-toe with @Rocktzar1917 :timecube:-wise, but have double the :weaponcube:.

Still a long way to go with maxing current :weaponcube: needs.
    Kind of disappointed how some :timecube: costs are unrealistic to achieve during this lifetime (please fix).

19. Alyssa

Alyssa Elite

@Dimps Nah... I just reading up on them now.

20. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

Feels a little unrealistic for one hour a day giving that sort of gains Dimp. Maybe I'm not that good a player, but it seemed to take a lot longer for me. Your comment about dps is interesting, I had got the impression from what I had read that dps only really helped in the early game and that need to invest more in the money and progress tree. Might have to think again. Must admit impatience got the better of me since am always too busy to pay much attention to the game, so went the autocliker route. Thanks for your input.