Thoughts, Suggestions, Experiences. Share them here :)

Discussion in 'Time Gunners' started by Kenzie, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

There's a lot of forum posts to go through, if you want to just give some quick feedback feel free to post anything in this thread.

You won't be criticized for your opinion, if you had a bad experience, that information is very valuable too! Or if you are having fun and just want to say what you enjoy most.

So don't worry about reading all the other posts if you don't want to, and if you ask something that comes up a lot, that is just a sign to us that we aren't explaining it well in-game.

Feel free to reply to other players in this thread too, Proton & I read everything eventually, but sometimes are too busy to respond right away.

You can always make your own new thread if you want more in-depth discussion on an idea too.

2. kennyS

kennyS Rookie

I have pretty decent laptop but game is quite laggy. Idk y

3. blazzem77080

blazzem77080 Rookie

4. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

What happens when you try to play? What browser?

Are you playing fullscreen or regular? Did you try refreshing browser is it still laggy?

5. MiguelDreamer

MiguelDreamer Spec Ops

Finally, the day has come, and I'm really impressed. Even in alpha, the game feels polished and it is a very nice start of the game. Of course, not all things are in the game from Day 1, and eventually they will come, but I really like to see the following things:

Suggestions:

• You should know when you kill someone or died with headshot.
    • Kill streaks would be a nice addition.
    • A respawn timer, like the one when the game starts.
    • The chat should save the last 3-5 messages and vanish after more seconds, because sometimes you can't read long sentences. [partially added]
    • If the enemy team have the red colour, the enemy characters should be red too.
    • Change name in-game.
    • Check your ping and FPS in TAB.
    Bugs I found:

• When you die, you can press space and/or hold shift and waste energy, respawning with energy wasted.
    • A random bug that happened when I deposited +50 time cubes (don't remember the exact number) and only 1 time cube was created.
    • Sometimes my framerate goes down, from 30-45 to 5-15 FPS. I think it happens more often when a player joins the game and we are +8 players. After about 15 seconds (not always) 30-45 FPS again, if not, I need to restart the game.

I can't wait to see new maps, game modes, clans, optimizations to the game, weapons (rifle, sniper, knife, grenades...) and everything you will eventually do! Thank you for this awesome game! (as always, If I have more suggestions, I will write them o_O)

#5 MiguelDreamer, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  6. kennyS

kennyS Rookie

that problems was in chrome . i m playing in firefox now and its fine :)

iSpider and Kenzie like this.
  7. iSpider

iSpider Rookie

Couldn't play it on Torch
    I tried on FF,it shows a error:Canvas is not defined.

8. Vonbear

Vonbear Spec Ops

I have a few bugs to report:
    • when you spam the chat really fast the text will dissapear.
    http://imgur.com/aScW6Wf
    • Spawned withoud a gun
    http://imgur.com/jAWPem8
    After i got killed and respawned i saw my gun for a second but it dissapeared again -,-'

• full screen notification (firefox)
    http://imgur.com/Ofuy1lf
    get this like every 10 seconds (this happend after i respawned with the disappeared gun).
    • Especially in gun fights there is more lagg // fps drops like crazy // game becomes a slideshow.
    • Alot of times i am sure i hit the enemy but nothing happens and other times iam sure i missed but i get a kill. This might come due to the lagg// fps drops// slide show but its really annoying, especially when you shoot at least 2 mags on someone who is taking all your time cubes (nothing happens) and he kills you after that in 1 shot.
    • Joined a game with 1 person waiting for players. Joined the opposite team and then this happend
    http://imgur.com/hdzYl3Y
    It said that my team won (while the match didnt even start yet) and it froze on that screen. At the end the enemy left cuz the match didnt start.

#8 Vonbear, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Proton, Kenzie and MiguelDreamer like this.
  9. Vonbear

Vonbear Spec Ops

Welp, just tried to play it on chrome instead of firefox and it runs way better.

Proton likes this.
  10. MiguelDreamer

MiguelDreamer Spec Ops

Suggestions:
    • It's good that you can change team when you want, but often people abuse this joining the team who is winning, creating disadvantages. I think that would be nice if you can't change team if there is a difference of +2 players and a cooldown of X minutes when you change.
    • The pistol is too weak (5 damage per shot) but in the same time, too powerful (one-shot with headshot). I feel like being punished for doing normal shots against people. And the pistol always does the same damage, regardless of the distance. It should have a min. and max. damage.
    • Add visual and more sound settings.
    Bugs:
    • This bug is known and reported, but this time when a round finished, all the players spawned without a gun. @H3Kz could see my weapon, but as you see, I don't see his weapon and the square with the 20 bullets is floating.
    [​IMG]
    • Need to write the name every time I close the browser and come to play again. It's intentional?
    • FPS not stable.

#10 MiguelDreamer, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    MagicalWriter, Kenzie and Proton like this.
  11. Vonbear

Vonbear Spec Ops

Kenzie, Proton and MiguelDreamer like this.
  12. Joeyberserkus

Joeyberserkus Rookie

Kenzie likes this.
  13. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

If I'm not mistaken you've been able to play Time Gunners. What browser is this in?

I'd recommend completely closing down the browser & reopening it, should clear out any memory that the browser is using.

This is a browser message, you should just be able to hit ESC and it will get cleared (and stay cleared). I believe I saw that you posted that it stopped appearing the next time you played, but let me know if it happens again.

Would you be able to take a sceenshot of the error message & post it here?

14. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Your username should be saved in the profile. What browser are you using? Windows, Mac or Linux?

MiguelDreamer likes this.
  15. MiguelDreamer

MiguelDreamer Spec Ops

Windows 10, Firefox.

[Gamebreaking bug!]

[EDIT 1]

My friend noticed that someone was unkillable. We shooted him a lot of times in the head and he simply didn't die. I recorded too late and the video dont have perfect quality, but I hope this is a sufficient proof. At least 6 headshots, and he was still alive.

[EDIT 2]

More explanation about the bug mentioned later:

H3Kz joined in a game. Was stuck in the 'Switching teams' phase. After some seconds, he spawned with infinite health. Another player reported that he had infinite health too. It's related to the infinite health that players receive when their team win?

[​IMG]

#15 MiguelDreamer, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    MagicalWriter and Kenzie like this.
  16. iSpider

iSpider Rookie

Here you go Kenzie
    [​IMG]

17. kennyS

kennyS Rookie

there is a hacker . we gave him headshot like 100+ times still nothing and he was killing us all / i recorded full gameplay will upload tomorrow

Kenzie likes this.
  18. Vonbear

Vonbear Spec Ops

Probably had the infinite health bug.

Kenzie and MiguelDreamer like this.
  19. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Yep, probably the infinite health bug. We think we know why it happens (one player gets stuck on game over, and the new game state is never sent from the server). I re-worked the server code yesterday to hopefully address this issue. It's tricky to reproduce but I think it will be fixed in the next release.

MiguelDreamer likes this.
  20. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

The photo didn't work. To share a photo click on the icon that looks like a picture frame with mountains. You'll need to have posted your photo to a photo site like Imgur and then post the Direct Link (needs to have either the .jpg or .png at the end of the link).