TC steam version crashes on launch

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Niels2012, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Niels2012

Niels2012 Rookie

As you've probably seen by the title of this thread my TimeClickers (wich I launch through steam) crashes/freezes whenever I click the "play" button, I think it has something to do with a corrupt save file and I'm not that worried about losing all my progress, I don't know if it's a local save file or a cloud save file, either way, it's annoying me and I hope I can get some help to get this problem out of the way, thank you for your time

2. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

You have stats in your profile page here so it seems like you paired your Steam game with this site to utilize the cloud save feature.

I'd recommend completely uninstalling Time Clickers from Steam & then reinstalling. Hopefully this should clear away any of the existing corrupt files. If so, then you'd just need to re-pair your Steam game with this site using these instructions.

If that doesn't work let me know & we'll come up with another solution :)

3. Niels2012

Niels2012 Rookie

if you meant "Delete Local Content" that isn't working, and I can't even get to the settings, all I can do is press play and then the game crashes/freezes, I don'k know how to completally delete a game from steam and I even tried to delete the files through windows explorer (Steam\SteamApps\common\TimeClickers) which didn't help

4. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

We've update the save file on the cloud server. So if it is a corrupt file causing the issue, now when you press play in Steam is should overwrite the bad file with the new one.

Otherwise, we noticed that some of the numbers in your save file are reaching the max which could be causing the issues.

5. Niels2012

Niels2012 Rookie

so I tried pressing play (just to be clear, I didn't mean the play button in steam but on the main screen in the game, my mistake) and it still crashes/freezes

6. Niels2012

Niels2012 Rookie

okay, so I just tried to make the backup folder "Read Only" wich reset my progress on steam which allowed me to sync to timegamers.com