TC for Steam crashed my whole machine

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Quickreset, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

Playing :timecube: on Steam on Linux (SteamOS actually). I went to do a time warp, and poof! My entire machine restarted.

I'm quite shocked that this happened. Unity3d is a sandbox, steam is a sandbox.

Any ideas how I should troubleshoot this?

2. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

If you haven't restarted the game yet you can check the Output_Log.txt as it would have any errors there (you can email it to me at [email protected] and I can check it out if you want).

The Output_Log file can be found by going into Steam, Library, right-click on Time Clickers, Properties, Local Files, Browse Local Files.

3. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

Unfortunately I restarted immediately. It put me back at my starting wave, with my :timecube:s unspent. Lost out on a chance to sell, fortunately I wasn't planing to reallocate.

If it happens again I'll check the output_log.txt but I'm not optimistic as the crash occurred instantly upon pressing "Yes" in time warp; I really doubt there was any time to write out a log file and the OS to flush the cache to disk.

4. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

Right-click doesn't work on SteamOS. I know how to get to it from the Linux desktop though.

5. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

Okay it happened again, exactly the same as before. I'm having a hard time finding the local files; what other files should be near the Output_Log? I found a folder with fontconfig/ TimeClickers_Data/, TimeClickers.x86 and TimeClicker.x86_64 but that doesn't seem to be it.

6. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

My guess is that it might be running out of memory, but curious to see what the file says.

Here's a thread with a couple of suggestions for how to find the Steam game folder on Steam OS:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/558748822669030965/

If that doesn't work you can also try finding them in the local Unity foloder:
    ~/.config/unity3d/CompanyName/ProductName/Player.log