Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Goldmas, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Goldmas

Goldmas Rookie

I noticed that no one had yet created a thread where all ideas and suggestions could be corroborated. Although the chatroom is a good place to voice ideas, if a dev is not online at the same time as you are, then this provides an alternative.I will add to the list below as other ideas are suggested below. Important suggestions are in bold.

Current Suggestions/Ideas -
    - Promote the forums more so that they reach a wider community :)

-̶ ̶P̶o̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶c̶h̶i̶e̶v̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶l̶e̶.

- Level system (based on points).
    -̶ ̶B̶a̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶S̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶(̶b̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶s̶)̶.̶ Trophies Exist. Make them more accesible and showy --> Kudos for people that have played longer.
    -Make the Teamwork DPS multiplier upgrade cost more. It's like 2k :timecube: and so powerful. Should be at least 10k :timecube:.
    -Merge Decrease Ability Cooldowns and replace with a really costly upgrade that makes it so Spread Shot doesn't split your click damage over the pellets. This would probably become the final artifact in the tree.
    -Make the training promotion at level 1500 give more DPS.
    -Make the Flak cannon's 2nd upgrade always give 2.5x fire rate instead of just that one time at level 1025.
    -Particle Ball needs to fire faster, maybe add that to the 10x crit upgrade. (which doesn't even change DPS when you get it)
    -More ways to get rid of yellow blocks.
    -An artifact that gives you up to a 10% chance to find a golden Time Cube or something. 3x :timecube: reward.
    -More upgrades for the Click Pistol. (it 'randomly' stops at level 125)
    -Make the Dimensional Shift Damage Upgrade Cheaper.

-Integrated Colour (or Color if your american) Blind Mode.
    -Leaderboard
    -Easy to reach "Exit" Button (Mainly for Android Users)
    -Make it so that after you kill a boss it reduces the cooldown of all your abilites, rather than giving a temporary 50% duration activation.
    -Prioritise (or -ize, if your american) certain blocks for team members.
    -An artifact that allows splash damage for clicks.
    -A way to pre-allocate what you purchase at the start of each timeline, so you can start a timeline with gold already spent.
    -A description of what hotkeys there are in the game and what they do.
    -Hotkeys for Click Pistol and Abilities.
    -A more detailed description of how Spread Shot works, mentioning somewhere that it spreads the total click pistol damage over the different beams.

Last Update 28/06/15

#1 Goldmas, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Kenzie likes this.
  2. Playmoarnow

Playmoarnow Rookie

-Fix the defender 7 to 8 achievements. Goes from beat F175 boss to F1225 boss.
    -Slow down HP curve for late game
    -Make the Teamwork DPS multiplier upgrade cost more. It's like 2k :timecube: and so powerful. Should be at least 10k :timecube:.
    -Merge Decrease Ability Cooldowns and replace with a really costly upgrade that makes it so Spread Shot doesn't split your click damage over the pellets. This would probably become the final artifact in the tree.
    -Fix descriptions on a few places like the guns
    -Make the training promotion at level 1500 give more DPS
    -Make the Flak cannon's 2nd upgrade always give 2.5x fire rate instead of just that one time at level 1025.
    -Particle Ball needs to fire faster, maybe add that to the 10x crit upgrade (which doesn't even change DPS when you get it)
    -More ways to get rid of yellow blocks
    -An artifact that gives you up to a 10% chance to find a golden Time Cube or something. 3x :timecube: reward.
    -More upgrades for the Click Pistol (it 'randomly' stops at level 125)

E: AND lower the price of this thing!: http://prntscr.com/7i94iy

#2 Playmoarnow, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  3. MobyClick

MobyClick Spec Ops

Possible to change colors on the upgrades? Being colorblind can't read how many more :timecube:s needed for next upgrade.
    Thank you for your time.

4. Playmoarnow

Playmoarnow Rookie

Turning up contrast on your screen might help that, also turning of "Post screen effects"
    Also how are they hard to see? It's white on navy blue which shouldn't be that hard to see even with red/green, blue yellow or total monochrome. At least that's what I think, someone with perfect color vision.

5. Doginal

Doginal Elite

Increase rewards for achievements by a HUGE amount.

Idea would be once you reach a certain level, you get a HUGE bonus to damage or gold collection. This may help balance the end game walls we will always hit due to imbalance between increase in monster HP, Damage, and cost of weapon increase.

It would make it so reaching a certain level target (example reach level 750) would take a large grind. So it may take a couple days to reach. But once you reach it you get a huge reward which essentially allows you to hit it again pretty rapidly and "unlock" new higher levels.

I feel this is a good idea because it couple put some balance between doing fast rapid waves to farm :timecube:'s and slow grinding to get huge bonus to increase your :timecube: farming for the future.

6. Mole2704

Mole2704 Spec Ops

Can i suggest moving the "mute/sound" button, at least on the android version. I was playing and a quiet place (read: work) and tried to save the game and close, but managed to hit the mute, only for sound to activate. Maybe put mute within the settings menu?

Also, on both versions the mouse tracks outside of the playable area. When playing android and trying upgrade, you then have to return the gun to the centre for auto-fire ability to be aimed int eh right place.

7. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Actually on Android there is also 2 volume sliders in the options area. They work independently of the mute. So slide those 2 all the way to the left. Then even if mute is turned off/on it will still have no volume.

It's just WebGL that is missing the separate music & sfx volume sliders since Unity doesn't support the audio mixer on WebGL yet.

polandmatt and Mole2704 like this.
  8. Mole2704

Mole2704 Spec Ops

Thanks, Volume now turned down so i don't annoy others :)

Proton likes this.
  9. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

Web GL only works on Chrome?

10. Goldmas

Goldmas Rookie

No, it should work in most browsers, but its a relatively new technology to the devs, so their still trying to iron out a few bugs and such like.

polandmatt likes this.
  11. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Exactly. There is a new blog post that Unity wrote about the future of WebGL:
    http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/06/18/webgl-webassembly-and-feature-roadmap/

So we're all a bit early to the WebGL party, but it does seem to be the future of web games.

12. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

oh okay.

13. Labinopper

Labinopper Spec Ops

Hey, I'm fairly new so apologies if some of these have been suggested already, however afew things I would like to see is:

Leaderboards for Total :timecube:, Total blocks destroyed, Total Time Played, things like that (I'd always like to see how I'm doing compared to others)

Additional Artifacts to reduce cost of upgrades only (not by much, maybe 1% per level, 25 levels, meaning a total of 25% cheaper upgrades)

Loads more achievements, maybe stackable like the artifacts, so one unlocks when the previous one is complete, maybe an achievement for every 25/50 waves, achievements for every new level of gold (such as 1^30, 1^33, 1^36, and so on from start to whatever the cap is) achievement for :timecube: collected, starting at 100, with approximately a 25-50% increase on every next achievement (100, 150, 225, 300, 450, 600, 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 and so on, with a reward of a 0.1% chance of receiving a special :timecube: rewarding just one :timecube: randomly during any wave?)

Also, not really a suggestion, but I assume you use API to put the stats onto our profile pages, is that available publicly? I have a weird obsession with Stats and would quite like to build afew of my own graphs if they are available publically :)

Thanks, if I think up anything else I think will make this better I'll let you guys know :D

Proton likes this.
  14. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

The stats API is sort-of public I guess, but not documented and of course 'subject to change'.

For your stats it would look like this: http://ws.timegamers.com/tg_getstats/1/99

1 = the game id for Time Clickers
    99 = the user id for Labinopper (you can see your id in the url on your profile page)

It's just a dump of json. Not all off it is being used/displayed. There is some daily & monthly summaries in there.

I'm watching the database grow at a pace of about 2MB per day. So I'm not sure if I will need to limit minute-to-minute data to just the past 30 days, then beyond that go to daily summaries.

Any ideas on how to improve stats, or make them more useful is always appreciated :)

Labinopper likes this.
  15. Labinopper

Labinopper Spec Ops

Sweet, thanks Proton, I'll have a look through that in an hour or so and figure it all out :D Thanks man, I love playing with stats haha =D

16. miquelfire

miquelfire Spec Ops

17. Draelokk

Draelokk Rookie

I have a suggestion involving the 1k time cube artifact on the abilities page, I've noticed it not quite holding the same weight as the other 10k time cube artifacts and have the suggestion to work in either a fix to the artifact itself or to the game in general so that everytime you kill a boss you reduce the remaining cooldown of dimension shift I did some micro math and figure either like a 5 sec reduction to dimension shift per rank of it or perhaps just a say 25% of the duration of your abilities reduction to it's cd rather then the 50% of your duration added to the other abilities i think it'd put some weight back into that artifact and even add some mechanics to do deep runs for decent gains.

#17 Draelokk, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  18. Labinopper

Labinopper Spec Ops

I have another suggestion, an additional artifact, the 0.9.6 power update made me think, an artifact that causes splash damage for clicks, exactly like the rocket launcher, maybe with 50 - 100 levels, doing 1% damage to blocks surrounding per level? that way it gives people a little bit more to consider when clicking blocks at the end of your run :)

charrois likes this.
  19. charrois

charrois Elite

I think a priority setting for team member should be a good improvement. For exemple, your "particle ball" guy should focus yellow blocks first.

20. Caelen

Caelen Spec Ops

Some things I'd like to see added
    • I'd like to see more in-game info about what hotkeys do what. For example, I didn't know that ASDFG work as hotkeys for buying team upgrades until I saw it mentioned in chat.
    • Hotkeys for buying click upgrades and abilities would be useful as well.
    • More details are always good, so an in-game explanation of the details of how Spread Shots works would be very helpful. This particular ability would seem like a good way to get more damage because it doesn't say that it decreases the damage of each beam. The description should say how much it reduces each beam's damage.
    • Some sort of auto purchase button should be added to help speed up the start of new timelines. Alternatively, add a way to pre-allocate starting gold so that you start a new timeline with the gold already spent and the levels/upgrades already purchased.
    Some things I like that shouldn't be changed
    • Non-scientific notation alphabet progression. This is a wonderful way to keep the numbers easy to follow while also not relying on strange letter combinations for the strange names (like treduodecillion).
    • Scientific notation remaining in multiples of 3. A lot of idle games just keep it as the current highest power of E, but the numerical system we use is based in sets of 3. Following this really makes scientific notation a lot easier to follow than it is in other games.
    • 3 significant figures. Another common mistake in other games is to always keep a certain number of decimals, or even do strange things that end up with numbers like 23,000 Million (which should just be 23 Billion). By always using 3 significant figures, a sufficient amount of information is conveyed while keeping the UI clean and organized. It also ensures that 23.0 Billion is never 23,000 Million.
    Keep up the great work =^.^=

Labinopper and Proton like this.