Rescue Chrome Unity Local Save

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Ottest, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Ottest

Ottest Rookie

Hi guys,

i've been playing this game since a veeery long time. Unfortunately i've been always just using local save. Today i noticed that Google Chrome completely shut down all Unity Games.
    I've been using Chrome in combination with Unity Player. Now i can't open the game anymore and can't get my savegame out there anymore. Is there any chance to get the data out there? It must be still saved local on my computer, but where?

I really hope this will not be the end.

Thank you in advance

Greetings
    Ottest

2. Ottest

Ottest Rookie

Hello again,

Found a solution myself. Actually you just need to open the unity game in another browser :)

Phew!!! so the clicking continues *hehe*

Greetings
    Ottest

(can be closed so)

3. miquelfire

miquelfire Spec Ops

Note: There may soon come the time when Unity will be removed from all the browsers.

4. Ottest

Ottest Rookie

Oh yes, thanks a lot for the hint :) I Continue playing the WebGL version, even though the performance is really bad compared to Unity. I lowered all effects and limited framerate already, but it feels like 5-10fps.

5. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Glad that you found your file. You can also pair your game with this site to have your save backed up to the cloud. Here's how.

6. Lordshad0wz

Lordshad0wz Elite

why would unity be removed from the browsers ?

7. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Google Chrome stopped supporting in the NPAPI plug-in (for security reasons) which Unity uses in their web players. Companies were given advanced notice, and the deadline for cutting support was actually extended. This is why Unity started adopting & working with WebGL. Earlier this year Chrome started blocking the NPAPI plug-in by default, but you could still make some changes and use the the web player. Last week the NPAPI plug in was permanently blocked in Chrome.

Here's a bit of information from the Chromium Blog.