Questions about the game

Discussion in 'Time Gunners' started by MiguelDreamer, Mar 26, 2016.

1. MiguelDreamer

MiguelDreamer Spec Ops

I talked to my friends about Time Gunners, and they are interested to play the game! ;) However, we have some questions and I decided to write this post with a list of questions. I know that you are working hard on the basics of the game, and maybe it's too soon to talk about these things, but it would be very gratifying to know if you thought about these topics.

1- Have you thought about adding a friend list and clans (including clan wars)?

2-
    This brings me some questions. Using the 'Play' button, the system will match you against players of similar skill in a mode that you chose before? Will be possible to make a group and queue up together?

3-
    Then, after the game is more advanced, do you have plans about a non-web browser release (like Steam)?

4-
    I really like this daily challenge idea! What's your opinion about a daily login bonus? (which increases up to a maximum of 5 days, for example)

You mean, as you gain XP, you will level up? And when you unlock the cosmetic things you can buy it with gold (like Time Rifters/Clickers)?

5- The game will have microtransactions or will be completely free like Time Clickers?

I don't care if the game uses real money only for exclusive cosmetic purposes or to buy bonus XP or gold if it's added, but not if the game is pay to win.

I think I don't have more questions for now. Sorry if you don't understand something, English isn't my native language :p. I'm really hyped for this game! Thank you for your time reading this post. :)

Kenzie and Proton like this.
  2. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Don't know the specific details yet, but we'd like to eventually add clans & possibly some sort of battle system. We'll be focusing on the game for the first while, so not sure when any feature like this would be added.

Not sure yet if we'll do an auto-match system. For now pressing the Play button will probably join the first server with the most people that it can join. Otherwise you can manually chose a server from a listing. No current plans for a way to join a server as a group.

Ideally we'd like to bring the game to Steam but would need to find a good way to monetize it first.

Not sure yet how/if XP fits in, so don't have any specifics yet on how the Daily Challenge will work (won't be in the game right away).

To start it will be completely free (like Time Clickers) with us making money off ads. It's possible that we might add some sort of micro-transaction but it won't be pay to win. Some ideas we've tossed around so far are cosmetic items, possibly a season update (kinda of like Counter Strike GO does) with special missions & things that are specific to that season.

It's awesome that you're hyped for the game. We don't have a lot of specifics yet but let us know if you have more questions we'll do our best to answer them :)

MiguelDreamer and Proton like this.
  3. MiguelDreamer

MiguelDreamer Spec Ops

First of all, thank you for answer all the questions. And yeah, it's something that I expected while doing this post, but I couldn't avoid writing the questions! :rolleyes: I'll comment here if I had more. Now, let's wait to the upcoming Friday! :p

Kenzie likes this.