Problem with Rainbow Orbs?

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by REGIFISHY, Sep 11, 2015.

1. REGIFISHY

REGIFISHY Rookie

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or some unannounced countermeasure to prevent the acquisition of too many time cubes, but I figured I'd bring it up anyway...on the off chance that it is a bug.

Much like other individuals, I seem to have fallen victim to the anamalous splash screen that reloads the game after viewing an ad. While I've only witnessed this randomly it still occurs often enough to become slightly irritating.

As far as I know though, I'm the only one unfortunate enough to have this next occurrence; it doesn't let me watch an ad in the first place! At seemingly random intervals, the Rainbow Orbs will stop asking if I want Time Cubes, instead just giving me gold without interruption (as though I have Rainbow Ball Ads turned off in the options, even though I don't). I have tried waiting, clearing the app cache, clearing the app data, and toggling the option to disable the prompt on and off. Thus far, nothing has remedied the issue...

Again, I'm not sure what triggers this or if it's even the game's fault, as opposed to being something wrong with the device itself. If there's anything I've left out that may be useful, feel free to berate me for not including it...

2. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

This is what happens if the ad network doesn't have any ads to show. Since it can't display an ad it doesn't give you the option to watch one and just gives you the standard gold amount from the rainbow ball.

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our end so not sure what's causing it. We are looking into though and will hopefully get it fixed soon. Are there any details you can give about your experience when this happens (frequency, certain time of day, have you already watched ads, what type of phone, etc)?

3. REGIFISHY

REGIFISHY Rookie

I had no idea ads were finite! Good to see that can be explained so easily; I expected its origin to be more mysterious/frustrating.

As for the second issue, it basically does it at random after an ad has been viewed. Instead of depositing me back at the wave I was on, it shows the title screen---sans play button---and then reloads the pre-ad state without giving any rewards. I've unfortunately no idea how to take screenshots with the tablet (Dell Venue 8 7840) otherwise I would insert one of the screen in question.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, as I can't see how these could affect eachother, but there always seems to be a drought of ads after the issue manifests.

4. miquelfire

miquelfire Spec Ops

For taking screenshots, I think the Android standard is volume down and power at the same time (Takes a few seconds as well, but if you have to wait too long, you might not have hit them close enough to the same time)

5. Arkzend

Arkzend Elite

I get this second bug as well on my galaxy note 4. i feel as if it's when i've had my game open for a little bit that it like get's stuck after watching the ad and doesn't know what to do anymore so it reloads itself.