pairing issues

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by superscoty, Sep 10, 2015.

1. superscoty

superscoty Rookie

For the last week i have been tring to pair my ipad and my steam to the website but it never works. it always says "could not pair divice" any advice some one could give?

2. Dimps

Dimps Elite

I've got problem when firewall was blocking :timecube: from "suspicious activity": pairing code was not showing up in :timecube: interface (without any error message like "could not connect to server", I had to guess myself).

---
    By the way I've got a question: what will happen if game will be run from second device while it's still run on first one? Will everything break, or will saves from two devices race with each other?

3. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

It's strange that both Steam & your iPad won't connect. For now let's just work on getting the Steam save paired.

Can you walk me through the process you are going through to pair and pointing out when the 'Could Not Pair Device' message appears.

It's not recommended to run the game on 2 paired devices at the same time. The saves will continuously overwrite each other.

Dimps likes this.
  4. superscoty

superscoty Rookie

1.click pair divice 2.enter the code on website exactly as displayed 3.click connect on steam after clicking pair device on webpage and then it just says could not connect and reminds me to put it in at timeclickers.com

5. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Are you able to enter the pair code into the website (does it move it to the 'Currently Paired Devices' column or is this where it errors)? The pair code is currently case sensitive, are you entering lower case letters? Are you getting a new code every time you try (codes expire)?

6. superscoty

superscoty Rookie

yes
    no
    yes
    yes

7. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

I just did a test and I was able to pair so @Dimps might be right and perhaps your firewall is blocking it. In order to successfully connect in-game it would need to show up as Time Clickers - Steam in the Currently Paired Devices column on the pair page.

8. superscoty

superscoty Rookie

it still did not work unfortunaly even with firewall down

9. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

When you enter the pair code into the website, does it give an error there? Here's how it looks if I put in an invalid pair code:

[​IMG]

So the steps would be:
    1. Open Time Clickers in Steam
    2. Press Settings > Press Pair Device
    3. It will pop open the website for you. Enter the pair code you see on Time Clickers into the website.
    4. Press 'Pair Device' on the website

It should then show 'Time Clickers - Steam' on the right column under Currently Paired Devices.

If it does, then press 'Connect' in-game. If it doesn't can you see if there is an error displayed like the one in my screenshot that says "Error: Missing Pair Code"?

10. superscoty

superscoty Rookie

it never makes it to the 3rd collam that may explain why i cant do it. it only says "connecting" where you have missing code underlined and never changes

11. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Looking at the code, the message would probably be "Pairing..." I think (not "connecting")

I'm suspecting some kind of browser problem...

What web browser do you use? Does the Live Leaderboard work for you? It should look kind of like this:
    [​IMG]

12. superscoty

superscoty Rookie

it did say pairing. nothing shows up on leaderboards and internet explorer.

13. superscoty

superscoty Rookie

you were right is was my browser i used my friends laptop which had chrome and had no issues what so ever. thank you for all the help.

14. miquelfire

miquelfire Spec Ops

What version of IE are you running?

15. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

My guess is that javascript is disabled on that version of Internet Explorer, but it could also be some extra security thing (for the ajax requests since they are to a different sub-domain).

Thanks for following up, we'll keep this issue in mind going forward :)