Pairing code not displaying correctly

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Zerahl, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Zerahl

Zerahl Rookie

Hi all,

Having trouble pairing timeclickers on my ubuntu install.

I installed timeclickers through steam on ubuntu. I started up timeclickers, imported my save and tried to pair. This is what I saw:[​IMG]

The image is not edited. As one could imagine, this is making it difficult to pair.

Each time I enter the pair screen, the shape of the white rectangles changes. This indicates to me that a code may be being generated but it just can't be displayed properly.

I have verified the game files in steam with no problems found. No dice. I uninstalled and reinstalled timeclickers anyway also to no avail. I have also tried opening timeclickers directly without steam. Still can't see the code.

I have already paired my windows steam install with no issue.

Any suggestions for fixing this? Thanks in advance.

2. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Seems like it can't find the correct font so isn't displaying anything. We just use the standard Arial font, so can check to make sure that that font is installed on your Ubuntu machine.

3. Zerahl

Zerahl Rookie

I appreciate the response very much, Kenzie.

I installed the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package which provides the font. Sadly, it doesn't appear to have solved the issue. Neither did reinstalling TimeClickers via Steam after installing the package.

It appears that the font is now installed as below:
    [​IMG]

If there is any other information which can help, I'd be happy to provide.

Thanks again.

4. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Arial is used as a dynamic font, not embedded into the game to cut down the file size. From the Unity docs for Dynamic fonts it says:
    I do see a freetype package for Ubutnu, I thought Ubuntu had it by default though.