OP Mode. Is it Worth Starting at Wave 11 - Run Complete

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by TheUrb, Oct 14, 2015.

1. ErraticSnake

ErraticSnake Rookie

Fair enough. I like the Flak Cannon and Spread Rifle most, with the Pulse Pistol being secondary. (And yes, I'm working on upgrading the Team DPS artifact, too. Then again, the additional time ability artifacts gets freaking expensive later on.)

And speaking of gold artifacts, which of those are most important? (Besides the starting gold one)

2. RessurrectedDoom

Hm, bit hard for me to say. Rainbow block conversions come to mind first. After that, getting gold increases and generally increasing the gold you get from various sources you get helps.
    But I'm mostly guessing here, but maybe increasing the frequency of these :rainbowball: and how much you get from them might help a little with a little luck.
    Otherwise, I think my main focus is general gold increasing, and getting more from Rainbow Blocks onces I have a good number spawning in with each enemy.

3. ErraticSnake

ErraticSnake Rookie

Ah, I already got the Rainbow Ball frequency maxed out already, and I might also max out the Rainbow Block frequency too. (The rainbow block conversions get ludicrously expensive quickly.)

4. RessurrectedDoom

Hah, well, be glad they're not in the millions by the 7th conversion. Those used to be waaaay more expensive before 1.3.
    I guess there's not much else I can think of to help keep Overpowered mode going as long as possible, because getting more and more :timecube:s.

5. ErraticSnake

ErraticSnake Rookie

I already had the find and drop rates for the :timecube:s maxed out. (And rainbow cube conversions being in the millions...whoa, that's nuts.)

Anyways, I'll be trying to max out the ability time slots whenever I can. (Almost forgot. Does click damage also help with additional damage? That's considering I use Idle mode.)

#25 ErraticSnake, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  6. RessurrectedDoom

Click damage only really comes in useful once you get to the point where the cubes aren't being destroyed instantly. I don't think it contributes to Overpowered mode at all. So in the long run, it's good for pushing past where the DPS is losing it's effectiveness, or further on to the point where it's not doing enough to help you get past a boss wave.
    If you're looking to make the most of Overpowered mode, DPS is what you should focus on over Click Damage.

7. ErraticSnake

ErraticSnake Rookie

I'll be mostly focusing on DPS partly, and partly saving up for whenever I can buy the next "extra ability time" cubes. (Currently, I only have 13 extra ability seconds.)

8. MACHIEN

MACHIEN Rookie

Do you also keep al of your weapon cubes when u redo everything?

9. Dimps

Dimps Elite

I have 60 000 000 :timecube:, full :weaponcube:. Good part of my :timecube: is spent on DPS.

To begin with, let me say "overpowered" is really OP thing. It does not remove "fireworks", but instead it reduces spawn time for every wave. It goes so fast that message queue at the bottom can't catch up, it's lagging behind!

Here is my test, always buying max upgrades available:
    time 00 minutes wave11, 0 time cubes, 00:00 added ability time, 100% overpowered
    t10 w330, 1200 :timecube:, 16:50 AAT, 100% OP
    t20 w635, 6500 :timecube:, 32:25 AAT, 80% OP
    t30 w810, 11500 :timecube:, 37:00 AAT, 10% OP
    t40 w950, 17000 :timecube:, 38:10 AAT, 5% OP
    t50 w1090, 23900 :timecube:, 39:45 AAT, 0% OP
    t60 w1222, 31100 :timecube:, 39:18 AAT, 0% OP

My current usual build have starting wave set to 991, so "overpowered" never really happens to me.

Notes:
    1. if you are to bet on "overpowered" you must start from wave11. Most of added ability time is collected during first 10 minutes of the run.
    2. you waste an hour to get just 20000 :timecube: + some AAT (my graphs in profiles stopped working few days ago already, I can't say exactly is it good or not; I think not)
    3. to be fair, later my AAT started rising again, it was at 41:30 at w1480
    I'll stick with not using "overpowered" for now. I will emphasize leveling ability duration, though. It is cheaper now.

Muche likes this.
  10. Nukemarine

Nukemarine Rookie

You messed up a bit. Do not just buy max upgrades. Instead, stop at milestones that max out fire rate (multiples of 100 in Spec mode, x900 in Training mode). You won't have max DPS, but that won't matter since you're instakilling enemies. When I tested this out, I put my team at 1900+ for everyone (starting gold at level 82). In 10 minutes I passed w400 and by 20 minutes I'm near 750 which is where I was normally warping too prior to this update. However, with Overpower, I build up 50 minutes of Max Damage bonus time which translates to an extra 90 minutes of constant leveling/bosses only needing to pay attention to leveling team members. In addition, my time cubes/10 minutes increased from 7600 to 9400.

Basically, I added 20 minutes of time on the front end to give me a longer game run and faster time cubes.

11. TheUrb

TheUrb Spec Ops

There is no denying that its a good strategy for lower :timecube: players who want to extend their runs. However if you are running a script and have a ton of :timecube: it may not be for you.