[Official] Update 1.3 - Click Cannon Unlocked - Now Available!

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Kenzie, Oct 13, 2015.

1. RessurrectedDoom

Just look at my profile page, I'm not THAT much further ahead of you. I look at things in the long run, not in the short one. I make an average of maybe 110k Time Cubes per run. And I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact, I'm VERY close to the same with ability time and cooldown to you, only a second or two further ahead, and 1-2% more than you.

And honestly, I did like the faster targeting speed, but it felt like something was off when I read the description on the augments before stating 'while automatic fire is active.' Additionally, I won't say EVERYTHING in this update is good for those who are WELL past wave 2000 (talking 2500+, which I have YET to reach.) There is good stuff, yes, but some bad too, but it balances things out. Lest it take well over 5 years to get to the very last wave and purchase EVERY upgrade, or only 1 day to do it all.

And this is coming from someone who's slightly ahead of you. I don't complain because I see nothing to complain about, besides the weapon cube find chance and +% gains being changed, and slapping a good few people in the face who put forth the effort to get them maxed before, only to find them not maxed anymore. I only just got my find chance for weapon cubes back up to 72.5%, and it's still going to be a long time before it'll be maxed again. But I try not to mind it as much, but I can agree with some people, it's a setback, but one to overcome.

Stowaway likes this.
  2. speculater

speculater Rookie

Awesome, I did misunderstand. Thanks!

3. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Right now Rainbow Cubes are giving less gold (gold or a Red cube) and Yellow Cubes are giving way more gold than they should

Humerez and speculater like this.
  4. Stowaway

Stowaway Rookie

Overall I'm a big fan of the update. It's definitely dispiriting to see 100% chance drop to 50% chance. But I knew it was coming, so I wasn't too bothered. Like others, I'm a little worried this will create a bigger divide between player tiers. A handful of players were surely able to just buy their way back to 100% immediately and then start investing in the new stuff. I was able to get to 75% + and resume business as usual. But the majority of players will find it harder than ever to catch up. I think. (I have no way of knowing how it's changed, but I assume the cost of getting to 50% is a lot lower, so maybe that offsets things enough for it not to be a problem?)

On the positive side, as few levels as I've put into them so far, the click cannon and the gold drop augment for the pistol are clearly having an impact. It's basically fixed the stall point at the 2.1K-2.2k range, and I'm expecting my highest level reached to go up by a hundred or two right away. So I'm happy!

RessurrectedDoom and speculater like this.
  5. Dimps

Dimps Elite

How do you trigger "Overpowered" when you have leveled up "starting wave" and there is no large DPS difference ever?

Well, here's the solution:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty overpowered if you ask me :)

Humerez likes this.
  6. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops

7. Dimps

Dimps Elite

Quick patch just came and it got frozen at "full".
    Also I've got :weaponcube: refunded for :weaponcube:% talents, looks fine there.

8. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

- Fixed Rainbow Blocks giving too little gold & Yellow Blocks giving too much [bugfix]
    - Lowered cost of Weapon Cube Find/Chance by 25%. Maxing it out went from 2M to 1.5M [balance]

Dimps likes this.
  9. RessurrectedDoom

So I wasn't crazy, there was something off with the gold gains! Nice to see that was fixed pretty quickly.

10. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops

that is why my runs were slower ! Thx for this update

11. Wiillyy

Wiillyy Spec Ops

There seems to be a high frequency ringing sound accompanying the Rainbow Ball bubble sound effect. I mean, I could just be hearing things as I've been sick the last few days, but I swear my speakers are making a ringing sound when the bubbling effect is happening. Is there any way to look into that? It's a little bit annoying.

12. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

It's possible, what platform do you play on? Unity WebPlayer, WebGL, Windows Steam, Mac Steam, Linux Steam, Android, iOS, Amazon... I think that's all of them...

Different platforms actually have different audio libraries, so it could be decompressing and playing it poorly in some case.

13. Yunghunt

Yunghunt Rookie

I think that the ability to reset your :weaponcube:'s would be a welcomed addition, especially with the rebalance of the trees.

14. Wiillyy

Wiillyy Spec Ops

Windows Steam version. Like I said, I'm sick. I've been super congested and that has messed with my hearing in the past. Perhaps I'll try playing the WebGL version and see if I can't hear something similar.

15. Muche

Muche Elite

I think the tooltip should be on top of the "Activate All" button (I have Steam Windows version).
    [​IMG]

16. Mikey_R

Mikey_R Elite

I will say, my tooltips do appear above the activate all button, so I don't know why yours isn't, and yes, I am on Windows steam as well.

17. Alkopops

Alkopops Elite

Is it just me or Idle mode aims now much slower then before?

18. Jersukai

Jersukai Spec Ops

I noticed this happens only on higher resolutions.

19. smx

smx Spec Ops

So far I really like the changes for the most part. Sadly I didn't notice the nerf to :weaponcube: chance until I had already spent the majority of my prorated weapon cubes on the Click Cannon, so I ended up going from 74% to about 58.5%. (Didn't notice because I've been playing on my phone of late, mostly.)
    Haven't seen OP yet as I was in the middle of a deep run when the game updated. Although if it's as good as people say, that might make doing more quick/shallow runs again more appealing.

That being said, not sure if this is a bug or intended: Previously on Android devices is you simply hit the sleep button or the home button to quickly exit the app, 'offline' mode would engage in the app. Now it simply pauses the game, unless you use the back button to exit the app completely (much to my surprise when accessing the game after not playing for several hours and not finding my abilities restored).

If this was intended then I suppose I can get used to it (although it can be really irritating having to close the app completely—and then reopen it completely—just to make sure time doesn't stop in the game while I'm not paying attention to it).

I do not like the change to aim speed, personally (that in conjunction with the app idling issue just about kills any incentive for me to keep playing on my phone, which is unfortunate). On the one hand I distinctly remember Kenzie saying (in game chat) that since the auto-click augments we purchased with weapon cubes were technically "auto fire" as well, it still counted for the increased aim speed. Seems a rather cheap thing to go back on now, especially since the aim speed upgrades have become so much more expensive (from 3.0 to 3.1 on click pistol aim speed went from ~600 to 10,000:weaponcube:).

Anyway, overall a good improvement. Looking forward to seeing more!

20. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

We've got this on our to do list to fix in a future update.

Previously if you chose to watch an ad, answer a call or check a text message, the game wasn't actually pausing. The biggest issue with this is that if your Active Abilities were going you would lose them. So we changed the game to pause so it stopped losing some of the in-game features and benefits.

I'd be hesitant to change this logic. We used to have it so that if the game was paused for a certain amount of time it would re-load the game, show a new Splash screen (similar to the one you get when first loading the game. However, this was causing huge issues, mainly with people getting their reward after watching an ad, so that's also been removed in the latest update.

The Idle Mode targeting speed was always meant to only be active when the Auto-Fire active ability was active, so we fixed that bug in the latest update. Depending on the feedback we get we may change this in a future update.

#40 Kenzie, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    smx likes this.