[Official] Update 1.3 - Click Cannon Unlocked - Now Available!

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Kenzie, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Update 1.3 - Click Cannon Unlocked is now available!

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of the requested features that are included in this update:

Click Cannon
    [​IMG]
    The more you click, the more bullets it shoots. Costs 50,000 Weapon Cubes to unlock, and can upgrade Augments like Maximum Projectiles, Cone of Fire, & Flak Projectile Damage.

Overpowered
    [​IMG]
    The more you dominate an enemy, the quicker the next creature spawns & the shorter the fireworks will be.

You can check out the full 1.3 Change Log here.

What's Next
    Since 1.3 included a lot of big changes the next update will most likely be doing some more tweaks based on your feedback. So....
    What do you think about Update 1.3?
    Do Time Cubes & Weapon Cubes feel more balanced now?
    Have you triggered Overpowered mode? Has it made Time Warping more fun?
    Do you use the Gold OP when judging when to Promote your teammates?

2. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops

nice update :D

can you tell me what the "offline mode" changed compared to before? es it better or worse?

maybe you need a test server for the next update. it could allow us to see bugs or improvements before live

3. RessurrectedDoom

I think they test these themselves, and possibly a few playtesters for the updates.
    So far, I'm already enjoying the Click Cannon, and Time Cubes certainly feel better balanced now. Donno about Weapon Cubes, I think making the spawn chance and +% gains to 0.5 per level instead of one ticked a few people off (It certainly did for a friend of mine).
    I have been able to judge when to promote my teammates before, but the Gold OP helps when I need to get to that 3rd upgrade right away.
    I've yet to see Overpowered mode though, but I'll edit this post once I do (I started in the 1300 range after the update).
    Also, I like the rockets going faster with augments, really helps keep it from missing some cubes that get destroyed before the rocket makes impact.
    And while I am personally disappointed with the Click Pistol being more expensive to upgrade, I see why it is, considering it's probably the only hitscan weapon of the three click weapons (I assume the Click Cannon is just an already fast projectile weapon).

As promised, an edit about 2 hours later (assuming the time I'm reading from this site is correct): Overpowered Mode: Wow, talk about blazing through those early waves, it actually makes those first couple hundred waves pass by in a hurry.

Also, on top of that edit, I might be a little crazy, so someone can confirm this if it's true, but it seems that whenever I get a rainbow ball in the later waves, it seems to produce a super gold gain for a whole minute, then drops back down to the norm. I donno if I was just seeing things or what.
    I almost thought the idle mode for the Click Cannon got stuck, but that was before I realized it was due to the Particle Ball's very slow fire rate without any rapid boosters (AKA fresh after a promotion).

#3 RessurrectedDoom, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  4. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

I really like it, :)

5. Mammbos

Mammbos Spec Ops

found a bug with the reduced level in the secodn artifact tree

[​IMG]

6. Lostac

Lostac Rookie

A part of me died after seeing weapon cube chances go down to 0.5% per upgrade. I was at 97% too :( But I understand people around wave 2500+ getting too much of it, can't complain I guess.

7. Jinzoo

Jinzoo Rookie

how do you trigger overpowered mode ?

8. Dimps

Dimps Elite

You don't level "starting wave" artifact. That is the only way, sadly.

Jinzoo likes this.
  9. Myrt

Myrt Rookie

Is it worth to redo the artifacts to unlock it?

10. Bilouba

Bilouba Rookie

Idle mode aims speed only when automatic fire is activated killed a lot of the fun for me. Watching the guns going faster and faster was so satisfying. This update is a big step back. My record was wave 2.08K and I don't think I will ever get back to it in a reasonable time.
    Night Mode is a nice addition.

AlphaFi likes this.
  11. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Your DPS needs to be 10^7 higher than the enemy health to trigger overpowered. The best time to get this would be after Time Warping.

12. RessurrectedDoom

That's actually how it was supposed to be originally, since that's what the description for those augments stated during 1.2. If all else, your hand should still be faster than idle mode targeting, and considering Auto-fire has the shortest cooldown of all the abilities, it can be used repeatedly to keep that idle mode speed up.

Personally, I feel that's how it should be too. Because when ability time artifacts are maxed, you get 1 minute of automatic shooting, plus only 30 seconds cooldown, which means auto-fire is easily an ability you can be close to constantly using.

13. AlexTheShyCat

AlexTheShyCat Rookie

Guys, are you sure it should be THAT expensive? No other artifact is even close to the price
    of this one :eek:
    [​IMG]

14. speculater

speculater Rookie

My initial observations are as follows:

The rainbow ball adding to your gold production is not obvious, maybe add a yellow ring around your gold counting down your rainbow ball activation time, possibly a green number under main gold/sec saying what your rainbow balls are adding. At first I thought they were doing nothing.

The :weaponcube: % nerf was pretty intense, for those of us who play a lot it's not a big deal. I do feel horrible for the casuals who play leisurely though, they have no chance of ever getting 50k :weaponcube: for the click canon.

I think the :timecube: augments are about fair, as Proton said on Reddit, they could probably be lowered in cost a bit later.

Thanks again guys!

Stowaway likes this.
  15. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops

the game evolves based on "top players" players who do not already play many will really be difficult indeed

speculater likes this.
  16. RessurrectedDoom

You didn't see how it used to be, it was around 390k for a 6th White to rainbow conversion. And after that, it was well past 1 million for a 7th, and now it's 513.5k for that 7th. I shudder to think how much it would have cost to max that back in 1.2.
    I'm glad those prices were reduced from ludicrously high. No doubt about that.

17. Mikey_R

Mikey_R Elite

I think you have slightly misunderstood, Rainbow balls don't give an increase to your gold per second, they give you a large amount of gold that is based on your gold per second. By default it is 5 minutes worth of gold but can be upgrades with time cubes to 15 minutes worth of gold.

speculater likes this.
  18. Bilouba

Bilouba Rookie

I guess it's fine if you are in the top, but let me explain my position.

I get ~100k Time Cube per Timeline.
    Increase duration is at 7/15 (~78k) & 5/15 (~31k) and decrease cooldowns is at 5/25 (~25k) 6/25 (~62k).
    So I need approximately 2 full timelines to gain 2 seconds of duration and -2% on cooldowns. It's not like this is going to help me double my Time Cube per Timeline, but meanwhile the augmentation price will likely more than double.
    I'm far from "close to constant fire" (53 seconds of cooldown) and the game feel slower now. And I was already feeling that my progression was slowing before the update. Not even taking into account the blow on my weapon cube...
    So yeah, sorry, but I enjoyed this game because it was way faster than other clicker and I though that maybe I could finish it casually in a year.
    I know it's a detail, but this reduce the fun I had previously with the game, while not impacting your (top player) game experience.
    Why not get me back my fun ? I don't care what a previous changelog said, this is not a sacred text.
    Or maybe, I was the only one enjoying that, and then, I accept the situation.

I'm just going back on what I said about not reaching my previous record, it doesn't seem so hard to do finally, and the balance is ok.

Also, thanks to the dev for the game, I'm only complaining because I like this game. I like clicker type game and this one is my new favorite. Very satisfying to watch the explosions and fireworks, and a clever way to promote your (real) game.

19. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Found a bug where Rainbow Cubes aren't giving the correct amount of gold. Working on a fix that will also include adjustments to the Weapon Cube Chance & Find as well as the Idle Mode Targeting speed.

EDIT: Decided to hold off tweaking the Idle Mode Target speed for now. Will still be adjusting the Weapon Cube Chance & Find costs (lowering from 2M each to 1.5M each) and fixing the Rainbow Cube bug.

#19 Kenzie, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  20. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops

rainbow cube give more or less gold ?