[Official] Sneak Peek - Weapon Augments Screen

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Kenzie, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Here's a sneak peek of the new Weapon Augments screen:
    [​IMG]

As a bonus, here's a look at the new Weapon Cube:
    [​IMG]

2. TheUrb

TheUrb Spec Ops

Sweet, can't wait. Do you have an ETA for the update?

3. Mad_Dog_wwe

Mad_Dog_wwe Rookie

when will t be out?

WBCTheTimeRecorder likes this.
  4. Gam3rJoe

Gam3rJoe Rookie

Can't wait!

5. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

No ETA yet. At this point we just have the layout in place, now we need to make everything work :D

WBCTheTimeRecorder likes this.
  6. uxfvtxla

uxfvtxla Rookie

looks awesome!

P.S. where did your boss timer go? :eek:

7. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Oops... bug with the screenshot. We temporarily turned it off when working on the Weapon Augments screen. There's a strange bug in Unity's progress sliders we're working around.

8. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops

nice ! go go go

Lordshad0wz likes this.
  9. flinny

flinny Rookie

So will weapon cubes only affect click based weapons or will we see an option to upgrade clicked based weapons as well as idle damage weapons? Because if its only click based weapons how many upgrades could there really be? I like the idea of these weapon cubes but seeing how few upgrades there are in that page if it remains just click based weapon upgrades it seems like this system wouldn't really be fully realized because the time cubes system is really cool as there are so many different upgrades to work towards and lots of different choices to make it seems like this wouldn't stay interesting for all that long. I could be wrong however if i may just not have the ideas to think of enough click based weapon upgrades maybe you could bang out like 20 different upgrades and it could be really interesting that or have upgrades for idle weapons also. Either way really excited for the update and really enjoy the game keep up the great work.

Lordshad0wz likes this.
  10. Lordshad0wz

Lordshad0wz Elite

This is great! Lets do this!

I really do wish you would atleast put a damn donate button somewhere in options. I keep begging you to let me give you money lol I aint gonna stop until I wear you down..

Billy

11. miquelfire

miquelfire Spec Ops

Have you bought Time Rifters yet?

Dimps likes this.
  12. mathman140

mathman140 Elite

Looks good. Can not wait for it to be implemented into the game.

13. Igorlegor

Igorlegor Spec Ops

Looks awesome, but need more upgrades, one tree for the click pistol, one for the click launcher, and one for the :weaponcube: amount.
    Additionally, some explanations about the meaning of the bars ?
    No ETA... An ETA for the final ETA ? (Let's dream a bit)

Dimps likes this.
  14. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Weapon Cubes are only for upgrading the Click Weapons & Idle Mode. You can see the list of proposed Augments in the Click Launcher - Updated Proposal thread. The Weapon Cubes are designed to work along side Artifacts, so in addition to buying Artifacts you'll have some separate upgrades to buy that would help push through those later waves.

We were initially thinking that we'd have separate trees for each of the type of augment (Click Launcher, Idle, Weapon Cube, Progress), but after looking at the UI it seemed more intuitive to combine the Idle augments with the weapons they belong too (Click Launcher, Click Pistol). Based on the feedback we've received it seems like the Progress Augments don't add value since we already have Start Wave & Start Gold Artifacts, so this tree has been put on the back burner.

The progress bars tracks how many of the Augments you've purchased in that tree. It's calculated by how many you've purchased out of the total number available.

No ETA but we'll keep you up to date on our progress :)

flinny likes this.
  15. balthur

balthur Spec Ops

I like the sneak peak. The new design is simple but nice.
    I will make a guess what the upgrade symbols are for (left to right).
    Click Laucher: 1. Buy it (one upgrade), 2. Reduce Numer of clicks after which the rocket launches (looks like a fire rate symbol) 3. Number of rockets, 4. Idle mode crosshair speed 5. Autofire/clicker (number of clicks per minute)
    Click Pistol: 1. Idle mode crosshair speed, 2.Autofire
    Weapon Cubes: 1. raise find chance, 2. raise amount

16. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

looks great, cant wait to try it, keep up the good work! :)

17. Igorlegor

Igorlegor Spec Ops

Alright, I understand that UI, but there are 9 total upgrades. That's not enough !
    Add one to upgrade the click pistol damage, and implement the one that you can already buy with :timecube:, such as crit chance (the click launcher can score critical strickes ?), adding to your CRL (Click Rocket Launcher) a part of your dps, add to your CP (Click Pistol) the ability to, sometimes (Beginning to 0% chance, upgrading it to 10% max) the ability to shot in fork 2 shots, or such things !
    More upgrades !

Dimps likes this.
  18. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

We were working on balancing today, and found a new upgrade for the Weapon Cube section. Weapon Cubes normally start showing up at Wave 1000, but you can upgrade an artifact to make them start appearing 5 waves earlier. If you max upgrade it, then you could get Weapon Cubes appearing at Wave 100. But getting max upgrade on that would be very hard, it's the most expensive one to max at 3,716,297 Weapon Cubes required.

More Click Pistol weapon augments would be nice. We can always release it with only the 2 augments and could add more in the next release. We still have the area in the bottom left that is empty, but we have plans for it :cool:

Dimps and Igorlegor like this.
  19. Lordshad0wz

Lordshad0wz Elite

As soon as rifters is on ios I'll buy!

20. Dimps

Dimps Elite

Again, this does not sinergize well with "have more gold and more default starting wave" artifacts. Right now I'm already starting at wave ~700 after warp. Why would I ever upgrade it past 700 up to 100? It's a waste.

Knowing that I will probably keep upgrading starting wave, and that weapon cubes can't be reset to cast them again, I will put exactly 0 points in "early weapon cubes" because I like only most efficient builds.

Would still love to see "weapons attack speed" upgrades with weapon cubes. It's same "dps multiplier" on one hand, and helps clear easy waves faster on the other. A worthy upgrade for as rare a currency as weapon cube.