[Official] Respec Update Now Available!

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Kenzie, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

After pressing Time Warp you'll now go into the new Respec screen where you can buy/sell Artifacts & Augments before starting your next timeline.

[​IMG]

Left-click to Buy an Artifact/Augment.
    Right-click to Sell an Artifact/Augment.
    Hold down the mouse button to buy/sell multiple levels.
    Mobile: Tap on Buy or Sell in the top right corner to switch between the 2 modes.

Press 'Start New Timeline' button when you're done, all changes take effect immediately.

Check out the 1.4.0 - Respec Update Change Log for all the details.

[​IMG]

Respec FAQ
    Why is Respec needed?
    Accidental purchases, trying out different builds, not getting locked into one style of play, more freedom to experiment when balance changes are made.

Will I lose :timecube: or :weaponcube: if I sell?
    No. The sell price is 100% of the buy price. You will not lose anything.

Why not allow buying & selling all the time?

The most effective strategy would be to put all your :timecube: into Start Gold before Warping, then to take them all out and put them into other places after spending all the gold.

Can you sell all of an Artifact or Augment that is a dependency of another one?
    No, in that case you will need a minimum of 1 level, or sell all upgrades that are dependent on it.

What if I don't want to change anything?
    Just press 'Start New Timeline'

Can I store builds so I can more easily swap between them?
    Not at this time, it's a feature we could look at adding in the future. Let us know if you want this feature.

Can I cancel and undo any changes I made?
    Not at this time, this could be handled by having multiple Build Slots in the future.

What's Next...
    More stats! In addition to Gold per Sec, we want the Gold Widget to be a place where you can scroll through multiple stats. Some stats we were thinking of are Waves Per Minute, Time Cubes per Hour, Weapon Cubes per Hour, etc).
    [​IMG]

Have you taken advantage of the ability to sell Artifacts/Augments, what do you think?
    What additional stats would you like to have?

Agoluna, REPTEX, Whizz666 and 3 others like this.
  2. Bionautic

Bionautic Rookie

Wooo. This is gonna finally get me to at least spec ops 4. Awesome update :) Keep it up

fantasydragon likes this.
  3. Mammbos

Mammbos Rookie

finally sold those RedGoldFind artifacts :p rainbow 4 LIFE!!!!
    also nice to see we can respec :weaponcube:. wanted to try without the smaller cone for some time

For extra stats, add some per minute stats for :timecube: and :weaponcube:. You could either have them count for the whole run ( which is a simple :timecube:/TimeInRun i guess) or one which is affected only from the last few minutes? I don't liek the :timecube: per hour. minute is more appealing to me at least

4. Humerez

Humerez Elite

Avaialble :D

5. skipjaws

skipjaws Rookie

So has 1.4 been sent to iOS today? I know that it takes 7 days to verify it, but will it still make it to mobile next week?

6. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

We released the 1.3.2 Update on iOS today (Halloween Event) and just working on getting the 1.40 Update submitted, so the Respec Update should be available on iOS in about 1 week.

7. skipjaws

skipjaws Rookie

Got it.... This is going to be great!

Also, any plans for extra teammates or guns for the future?

8. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

No current plans. The only team members that we have left to use for Idle Mode Targeting are the Spread Rilfe & Flak Cannon and those won't really work for Idle Mode Targeting. We really like having the simple UI (not having to scroll) so no plans for more team members.

9. headfake

headfake Rookie

Just FYI, I found the interface kind of confusing on the PC. I missed the explanation about left-click/right-click, so I just tried to set the slider to 'Sell' and then left-click on something, and that doesn't work.

I see how it works now, but I'm just mentioning that as some UI feedback. Thanks!

raypatmurph and Proton like this.
  10. Nukemarine

Nukemarine Rookie

Good update. The reduction of gold pieces on screen seemed to speed up the overpower kills slightly which is even better. Also good to test out slightly different builds (mainly with starting gold).

One suggestion is instead of having the Respec screen come up on every Time Warp, just offer the option to Respec on the Yes/No screen when we press Time Warp. Better to have a Yes/No/Respec option.

11. NGPriest

NGPriest Elite

Right click doesn't work for me... :S

12. Wiillyy

Wiillyy Elite

I... hardly think this is necessary. I would rarely ever use that Yes button as odds are if I'm time warping I'll be gaining enough :timecube: to buy several upgrades anyway. So I'll need to visit that Respec screen almost every time I time warp.

On the other hand, it's not like it'd really cause any extra hassle, and for those who apparently don't buy an upgrade every time I guess it'd save them an extra click? I mean, if there are people who need that kind of menu option I guess it'd be worth adding. Honestly I can't imagine dropping an extra button click is gonna save you all that much hassle, but I'm still... fairly new to this game so...

My biggest concern would be that new players wouldn't understand that "Respec" would be the most convenient option for them. So I'd instead make the buttons "Yes" "No" and "Skip Buying/Selling Artifacts" or something similar, making the Yes option bring people to the Respec screen and making it what most players would use when they wanted to confirm their time warp, since one would assume Yes to be the "default" option here.

Otherwise you get players who don't see this fancy Time Warp screen. And the Time Warp screen is going to save 99% of players a LOT more time than adding that extra button will save the few players who aren't getting at least one upgrade with pretty much every time warp.

So IF it's added, it needs to be clear that going to the respec screen is the default, because for most players that's the better option by far.

#12 Wiillyy, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  13. ChewableTube48

1: adjust the settings page to reflect the new hot keys (QWE for weapon toggle, Z for upgrade setting ...etc.)
    2: adjust the "overpowered " things setting or whatever. there are time when the levels pop up and are on the screen for almost .3 seconds. (without any ability's, when i use all the ability it takes about .1 secs, barely 3 frames at 30fps). i feel its standards for popping up need to be lowered.
    3: more stats in the stats menu to reflect the 2 new guns, and more things like average shots per timeline.

fantasydragon and Proton like this.
  14. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

You're actually thinking 2 updates ahead :p

Next update will be for more in-game stats (Waves Per/second, etc.)

Then the next update after that will possibly be: *spoilers* An End of Timeline Summary Screen *spoilers*. This way you can compare the current timeline with your best records from all of your previous timelines. We think this will be pretty cool as long as there are some fun stats to try and maximize (which is why the stats update comes first). If the stats are boring then the Timeline Summary probably wouldn't be exciting either. This screen would replace the current Yes/No Time Warp screen and could give an option to skip the respec.

15. skipjaws

skipjaws Rookie

I know I sound like a broken record here, but has the update been approved for iOS yet?

16. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Just checked, still says waiting for review :confused:

17. skipjaws

skipjaws Rookie

I hear you on that. Might not get the update until I get back. Maybe it will happen tomorrow, but I will be gone by then.

Thank you for the response. It is really great to talk to the devs about the game.

18. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

@skipjaws We just got a message from Apple, they rejected the latest update :mad:

They rejected it because they couldn't find the ads even though we explicitly added a note for the reviewer telling them how to make the ads appear. Now we have appealed their decision and told them again how to make the ads appear. It should take a few more days to hear back.

19. skipjaws

skipjaws Rookie

Grrrr.... Apple really needs more vigilant people in their staff. Oh well, guess I can wait another week.

20. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Bad news, they rejected it again :confused:. They said they left the game open for 10 minutes but didn't see a rainbow ball.

We do love Apple products though, the new 5K iMac is a beautiful piece of technology. So we try to look at it as trying to protect their customers from shady developers, and we don't yet have a big enough reputation to make the review process easier.

So now we need to find a way to make it so they can trigger ads without waiting for a rainbow ball. We're considering putting an ad banner in the settings area (iOS only), but this would require integrating with a different ad network just to do a banner (Unity Ads only does video ads). An easier solution would be to make a button in the settings area 'Watch a short ad for 5 minutes of Gold'. So it wouldn't be as good as a rainbow ball, but still something that they could trigger to see the ad play. Not sure yet... we're still exploring ideas...