New Weapon Proposal - Rocket Launcher

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Proton, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Private

Private Spec Ops

Sounds pretty nice, just the Dual-wield is kinda weird, I think. Id rather like it as an add-on to the Pistol, just like balthur said. Idle mode is a big yes and the Weapon Cubes also have my Thumb-up.

2. Excalibur

Excalibur Rookie

hmm great ideas!
    Here is one of my own :
    On Live Leaderboard, add the Waves 3001-5001
    if it's possible.

Humerez likes this.
  3. Sirion

Sirion Elite

iI got to think about this a little bit here are some of my concerns:

make it more clear what interrupts this auto targeting...
    clicking to buy an upgrade... does it stop it or not? (so far it apperently does because you clicked)
    keyboard interaction to buy an upgrade... does it stop it or not? (so far it apperently doesn't because you didn't click)
    what about activating abilities?

I know unity plugin in firefox has this "problem" where it keeps tracking your mouse even when not active,
    otherwise you could have an "idle spot" where you could place the mouse to activate the idle mode instead of the 15 seconds rule...
    maybe you could also think about just hitting a checkbox or button that switches between idle mode and click mode

Also... how does it look? will it use the custom crosshair for targetting and you'll get your normal mouse pointer back to see where it actually is?
    will you just hide the actual position? will you just have 2 crosshairs? maybe in a different color...

This has some serious usability and balancing impact and it can easily unbalance mobile vs. desktop even more.
    (like touch activating abilities stops auto aim on tablets but keayboard activating abilities keeps it on on desktop)

Kenzie and Proton like this.
  4. Igorlegor

Igorlegor Spec Ops

Or if you want something tu upgrade slowy, each click has 10% chance of shooting a rocket.
    Spend weapons cubes to increase the chance of firing a rocket !

5. Sleepwalker011

REALLY love the weapon cubes/click upgrade ideas! And idle mode would be a very nice compensation for the poor evolution curve!

6. smx

smx Spec Ops

Really like this proposal! Excited for the idea of the Idle Mode features as well.

Questions:
    Are the Weapon Cube blocks going to spawn in addition to the Time Cube blocks? Or instead of them?
    Will there be Artifact upgrades introduced to increase the spawn chance and find rate of Weapon Cubes?

7. Sirion

Sirion Elite

according to one of the devs (forgot which one) it's in addition to :timecube:s

8. MrAndix3

MrAndix3 Spec Ops

I like the ideas, but how about activating the idle mode a bit later. Aiming at the same block like for example your click pistol, deals REALLY much damage. I hope you won´t make the feature too over powerd.

9. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

This is a very clever idea. It sounds good in theory, looking forward to trying it out to see if it plays well.

We're also toying with the idea of making Idle Mode a toggle. So there could be a button somewhere that you press to make your click guns auto-target. Then you press that button again to stop them from auto-targeting. The pistol would start controlling the blue crosshair, the rocket launcher would get a green one. You would use your normal cursor to buy upgrades. Clicking to buy upgrades would not stop Idle Mode.

This opens up a new possibility, you could click/tap anywhere and your guns would fire wherever they are auto-aiming. This could make some of the smaller phone screens more tap friendly (the cubes can be really small).

The auto-aim would need to be slower than if you were manually moving the mouse or tapping though. I think manually aiming needs to be superior to auto-aiming.

ZZKer and Sporkypoo like this.
  10. Shoko84

Shoko84 Rookie

Wow yeah this sounds really really good
    That's awesome how the game has much improvements/updates in less of one month.. Really good job !

11. Corruption

Corruption Elite

I LOVE the idea of Idle mode, it'll immensely help with the maximum damage periods and make the clicking tree worth investing in.

12. SpinoPrime

SpinoPrime Rookie

More upgrades is always a great idea. And the rocket launcher sounds like an awesome new addition to keep the game a bit fresh. From the couple updates I have got already and what I am seeing here, I am enjoying the post launch update support this game is getting so far so thanks devs.

smx likes this.
  13. Sporkypoo

Sporkypoo Rookie

Seriously, this is brilliant. The idle play in this game was a little rough unil you had a bunch of time cubes - this will speed things up for players like myself who just can't keep the game on the forefront all the time.
    Bravo, devs! Keep adding depth to this game and I will have no reason to ever go back to another clicker.

14. ZZKer

ZZKer Rookie

Both ideas of dual wielding a pistol and launcher and the pistol occasionally launching grenades/rockets are awesome, though if you plan on adding other weapons in the future, you may want to instead make a system where you switch between weapons (like with right click or something). Then, you can cycle through all possible click weapons. Though, if you don't plan on any other click weapons, toggling current click weapon isn't as good an idea as dual wielding or different shots from the click pistol (though you could also have like a secondary fire from the weapons too.)

Love the ideas. Keep up the good work!

15. BillyCK

BillyCK Rookie

Great ideas! I hope you implement them as soon as you can, your game is super addictive! im from Argentina

16. MarkZv

MarkZv Rookie

This is super HOT!

17. smx

smx Spec Ops

I should note that one thing I really like about the proposal for idle mode is that this game—by its mechanics—doesn't set idle and active modes of play against each other the way games like Clicker Heroes do.

Example: In upgrading your ancients in CH, you have to choose whether to dump your resources into active ability enhancers, or idle DPS and money enhancers. Little to no synergy seemed to exist between the two IMO. You had to pretty much pick one route and stick with it for your upgrades to be effective.

:timecube: has felt more integrated to me since I first began playing it. And the proposals for idle mode (including a relatively short timer for activation, or toggle) takes that feeling even further. In fact, the very way in which "idle damage" is proposed to work here (with the click pistol moving and shooting on its own) will take advantage of upgrades to the click tree, rather than making them feel wasted or obsolete.

Just, really well done guys. Looking forward to it!

Yandere and Proton like this.
  18. Freienstein

Freienstein Elite

I don't like the idea of dual wielding at all. It comes way too late and to be honest doesn't add too much to the stale clicking mechanics as they are at the moment, in my opinion. Why give us a rocket launcher while our click pistol itself is pretty boring? Why give us a complete new toy while our old one is totally neglected, with only 6 weak upgrades in the early game?

I'd like to add to this idea. Instead of dual wielding we are able to unlock modifications for our pistol which are unlocked with gold.

New upgrades for the click pistol
    First of all and most obvious, we need more damage upgrades, both flat and multiplicative, as well as some more critical hit chance. The click pistol should compensate its lack of uniqueness by a higher crit chance. To make things more interesting, upgrades which slightly increase gold drop of cubes clicked and/or boost damage per second of team members attacking the clicked cube for a few seconds could be added.

Weapon add-ons
    Think of them as promotions/spec-ops for our click pistol. After unlocking a set amount of upgrades, we will be able to unlock special modifications, which share our click pistol damage but have their own critical hit chance, critical hit damage, unique abilities and upgrades. However, only ONE modification can be active at any given time. The player will be able to switch between modifications at will, at any time, to suit his needs.

Flak add-on
    - Fires once after clicking cubes three times (clicks into air don't count)
    - Attacks random three cubes for full power, effectively doubling your click damage
    - Does not crit on its own, instead it gains one guaranteed crit for its next shot if the click pistol crits a cube
    - Can crit several times at once (multiplicative), resulting in very powerful shots

Spread add-on
    - The player can mark up to three cubes by aiming at them (can be toggled on and off). The oldest cube will be overwritten once a new one is marked
    - Cubes marked will be attacked every click, with damage being split between them
    - Critical hits deal full damage and instead of checking the entire shot for a crit, each cube gains it own critical hit chance
    - Critical hits follow a pseudo random pattern, if an attack doesn't crit, its crit chance will be increased until one crit is guaranteed

Rocket add-on
    - Pretty much what you are planning to do already

Particle add-on
    - Doubles click pistol damage when enabled
    - After clicking cubes five times, all team members damage will be boosted for one attack. Can crit (team dmg x crit dmg x boost dmg)
    - Has very low critical chance and damage. Multiplies all damage done by its critical damage on crit for one second
    Those are my ideas so far, maybe I'll be able to dig up some more later.

Weapon cubes and idle aim are fine.

19. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

I'm testing out the Idle Mode right now and think it would be pretty cool if the extra damage you did to the enemy shortens the fireworks somehow. So 'wasted DPS' when you are super powerful, would be valuable. And reduce the time before the next enemy spawns.

20. Bionautic

Bionautic Spec Ops

Hmm.. seems like a really good idea! I really hope the update comes out soon. and yes the idle mode is going to help so much, especially when you beat a mini boss/boss and get all of the upgrades.