My opinion about Pulse Pistol

Discussion in 'Time Gunners' started by MiguelDreamer, Jun 23, 2016.

1. MiguelDreamer

MiguelDreamer Spec Ops

The pistol will be definitely more balanced than now with the changes planned for tomorrow, but in my opinion, I still think it needs some work. @Kenzie said that ''So regular shot to the legs does 5 dmg, body 10 dmg, headshot 90 dmg. Charged shot to legs does 50 dmg, to body & head are both 1 shot kills when charged''. Then it means that charged shot does x10 damage when shooting to body and legs, instead of the supposed x5 damage.

[​IMG]

Also, I see illogical that the pistol always do the same damage, regardless of distance. The bullet should start losing power at X meters, to a minimum of 20% damage, for example (some weapons, like a sniper, will start to lose power at more meters than a pistol and at a lower rate).

[​IMG]

I talk a lot about the pistol balance because I feel like it's more hard to balance when there are a lot of weapons. Now, with only the pistol available, it's easier to balance.

And one question/suggestion, what do you think if you can carry a primary and secondary weapon, melee and grenades (like in CS:GO)? I think it would be cool and the battles will be more intense and fun :).

Thank you for your time reading this post :D

#1 MiguelDreamer, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Proton, Kenzie and MagicalWriter like this.
  2. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

I think the next weapon will be a Rifle, so you will be able to carry both. What I'm not sure about is if you get both right from the start of the game or if you need to unlock the Rifle. Your team may need to have 3 time cubes to unlock the Rifle.

3. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Oh yeah, the pistol isn't done yet either. We want to change the recoil dynamics quite a bit. So that will seriously affect the balance of the weapon.

It would work sort of like how Rainbow Six Siege recoil works:

Basically, when hip firing there is a cone of fire causing the shots to be more random (making headshots hard). But when you are in accuracy mode the bullets go exactly where you are aiming, but the recoil needs to be compensated for. And you move slower when in accuracy mode, so can't run & gun quake style. We are going for a pace slower than quake, but faster than Siege or Arma. Pretty close to Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat.

The other part of it that is missing is for your aim to return after you stop firing. Right now the recoil will leave your gun way up in the air, but we do want the gun to return to where it originally was after you are done firing. There is something more complicated going on there though, sometimes it doesn't return if you compensate or move your aim, not exactly sure how that works yet.

Kenzie and MiguelDreamer like this.
  4. MiguelDreamer

MiguelDreamer Spec Ops

Nice! I really want to play with a rifle. Sad thing is that I'm a 'traditional' player and I want to play with the guns I want since the first moment, so I don't like very much being 'forced' to wait (in this case, crafting 3 :timecube::, although it's easy). But I think I will get used to it :).

About the recoil, I like the idea :). I think I will understand it better when I play with this type of recoil haha.

#4 MiguelDreamer, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    MagicalWriter and Kenzie like this.
  5. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

It may only be 2 :timecube: instead of 3 not sure. There is a fun aspect to Counter-Strike where the first round is pistols only (before people can afford to buy better guns). When everyone is only armed with a pistol the gameplay dynamic is different.

MiguelDreamer likes this.
  6. iSpider

iSpider Rookie

It will be more like a gun match then,kill for next weapon,i think there has to be atleast one starter gun(Rifle) as the starting Default for each player along with the pistol.Further guns could follow this system.