Known Bugs

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Goldmas, Jun 18, 2015.

1. muaddib78

muaddib78 Rookie

you have to manually save if your going to refresh the page.

you will still lose anything since the last boss as far as stages but you'll keep any gold and skills learned

2. Merriyn

Merriyn Rookie

[EDIT: Solved through temporary workaround, thanks to Kenzie]

So today this happened, after I logged in today and have been idle while playing other games only to tab back and forward to upgrade every now and then - It struck me my progress was alot slower than usual, wich led me to check my artifact page and quickly realised i have been rollbacked for what I can only assume is somewhere between a few days to a week in progress.

Luckily somewhere during day 2015-07-05 (three days ago) a player named Bancroy wanted a sneakpeek at my artifact page so I took a screenshot of how that looked at the time.[​IMG]

The following picture displays what my stats currently says even though they seem to be lower than i remembered them to be it atleast serves the purpuse of displaying that even the stats page differs with my current situation on timescubes, wich will be shown in the picture below this one:
    [​IMG]

Clearly that says 159,099 timecubes in total right?

Yet my statistics tab in game differs on that aswell as you can see at the bottom of that picture, showing only 94.9k cubes.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I play this on two different computers, although they haven´t been powered on at the same time.
    Both laptops are x64bit Windows 7, played in Firefox on both of them.
    I press the [​IMG] button even though it saves every 60 seconds, just to be sure everything is as it was when i stopped and log out when i´m done and login the next time I´m up for grinding more cubes.

I´m not really looking for a fix-me-up on the cubes, even though that would be nice. I just don´t want to fear this might happen again.
    It´s one thing playing and farming cubes, rewinding and doing it again - However when a rollback such as this happen, it feels quite gamebreaking for me since even though my progress got timewarped, I couldnt enjoy that lovely pizza from two days back twice - So unless you can hook me up with an actual timewarp that lets me do just that, im not really up for a rollback.

In the same way I hope this information and the pictures provided may prove useful for checking up on what may be the issue for me, I also hope it may help for future references aswell.

Pika pika
    //Merriyn

#42 Merriyn, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. Demurge

Demurge Spec Ops

I can vouch for Merriyn's post regarding the rollback. I have witnessed the before and after stats.
    It may be a glitch in the Matrix, or at least in the database.

4. PrometeusH

PrometeusH Rookie

A very unfortunate incident. A player @Ragnoros suggested in the game chat to try and use someone elses similar save. If the devs won't be able to help, I can provide my save. Atm, my max wave is 1260 (yours 1210) and the best :timecube: run for me is 26,999 (your is 26,130). I have a total of 287k :timecube: but I don't how how many you had before.

Merriyn likes this.
  5. JercSi

JercSi Spec Ops

Browser: Firefox / Unity

Cooldown issue: Cooldown is 2+ minutes, but it should be only 2.
    [​IMG]

6. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

0.9.10 The blurriness is much better on the main screen and tooltips, but not much better in the artifact shop.
    The wrong wave number being displayed during the "wave change" animation is fixed; that wasn't in the fix list.

7. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

I take it back. The wave number is still incorrect during the "wave change" animation (also the color if it's boss level)

8. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

I think there is a trophies bug, i got more than 25 messages posted but i didn't get 25 points.

9. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

There's usually some delay for when the trophies are awarded. If you haven't received the trophy by this time tomorrow let me know. :)

polandmatt likes this.
  10. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

ah delay's, i now have the trophy Kenzie :) :D

11. Nobody

Nobody Rookie

On Firefox the game seems to load and run fine but when I finish and close the tab I get an error message. Sometimes Firefox will crash a few minutes after this error. This happens both on ArmorGames and your website.

Windows 10
    Firefox 39.0

Faulting application name: plugin-container.exe, version: 39.0.0.5659, time stamp: 0x55934d06
    Faulting module name: d3d11.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5153774d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x6a5b567e
    Faulting process id: 0x324
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0c315d5e19fb8
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
    Faulting module path: d3d11.dll
    Report Id: cef6345e-2f19-11e5-b402-74d02b79fbf6

I did some research and d3d11.dll seems to be related to dx11 drivers. The Unity website has some command lines for forcing UWP to use a certain dx version (they say dx9 is the default) but this seems to only be possible with the stand alone (not browser) version. My graphics card is GeForce GTX 750 Ti which can do dx11.

Workaround (for now): Use Internet Explorer.

---

Note: I don't like using IE because I have many security plugins on Firefox (JavaScript Toggle, FlashBlock, AVG SafeSearch, + others).

Also Note: Blocking mailinator email addresses for account creation is lame and pointless. 1. There are over 100 domains that point to mailinator. 2. New domains are added every month. 3. You can NOT get a list of ALL the domains in order to ban them all.

12. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

In the damage tree, the left branch, middle artifact converts to red, but the arrow is white.

13. evilny0

evilny0 Elite

Hey, I've been playing this since Yesterday. I started on Steam, then installed the Android app. I've been playing a bit on my smartphone today, but when I connected on Steam this evening, all my gold and click pistol enhancements had disappeared. I was still around 130, and my team was still there.

The main problem is that I could not timewarp, since all the :timecube: had disappeared (I had 14). I tried the WebGL app, and suddenly found myself swimming in gold. I don't remember what I had before starting it, but I could not upgrade any team member. And after loading the WebGL app I had over 130f and was able to upgrade all my team members 2 or 3 levels...

I then found 6 :timecube: and warped. Somehow, the :timecube: disappeared again, but re-appeared after I hit "redo". Aaaand now the "redo" button is gone. You can see the issue on my profile, my best :timecube: run is 6, while I had 1 warp, which is impossible.

Not sure what is going on :). I'm playing on Linux Mint 17.1 x64 with Steam, using Firefox with WebGL. Android is 4.4.

14. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Sent you a message.

15. Ori0n

Ori0n Rookie

Some achivements doesn`t unlock ( Spec Ops ) .. i`m using steam.

16. Tom_Eaton

Tom_Eaton Rookie

Was playing the game yesterday on Chrome but today the game doesn't load, instead my entire browser page goes blank. Have tried other browsers and get the same result.

17. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

We've currently got a bug that if you are using the xP & buy Max options the Spec Ops achievements aren't being unlocked. We're working to get this fixed as part of the next update.

I just tested and my WebGL version is working ok. Try restarting the computer to see if that helps (I had to do this yesterday as mine wouldn't load). Chrome uses the WebGL version which usually takes longer to load since it needs to access the full uncompressed game file.

18. SarDonic

SarDonic Spec Ops

19. Mutkanz

Mutkanz Rookie

Tested both browser and steam versions. Steam runs way more smoothly! Going to check android vers..- Wait a minute i don't have android. I need windows phone version ! Please? :(

20. Kezlyr

Kezlyr Rookie

Gonna try to cram a bunch of things into one post, so ask questions if I wasn't clear enough on something.

First, all of these occur while using Steam. Second, I have "achieved" nearly all of my progress through a speed mod, auto clicker, and Cheat Engine. (queue the collective gasp). We can talk judgments later, but the point is I have higher stats than most/all people and can therefore tell you what bugs happen when you get into the higher numbers.

1. Achievement issues. The following achievements have not unlocked, but the in-game statistics claim their requirements have been met:
    - Defender 10 - beat arena 1,575 (I've gotten to 5,275 multiple times, but this one refuses to unlock ever)
    - Corporal 9 - upgrade a team member 25.0k times (I think the wording/numbers on this are wrong. I had a couple people to level 130,000+ and only recently got Corporal 8 for 12.5k upgrades, so I'm not sure what fulfills this requirement. And yes I also manually upgraded two people from level 1 to 8,000 one click at a time (thank you auto clicker) after getting the 12.5k achievement, meaning I've clicked the button over 28k times, and it still did not unlock)
    Note: I've only time warped 11 times, so I can't speak for those 4 achievements (haven't modded the value, either) so I can't say whether they have any bugs. The block achievements seem good; I just haven't earned Demolisher 2 or Exterminator 5/6 (they seem like a longevity achievement that my method is not keen to get, although I might reset the game to make those values easier to mod to check a box)

2. Leaderboard/stat issues. Some people have noted that they aren't showing up in the leaderboard (within the past 12 hours), and someone else noted that that was a change put out to prevent people (like me) who have only played a few days from camping at the top of the leaderboard and making everyone rage. Fair, but the issue. I think there's a flaw in the calculation of time cubes that gets displayed based on the numbers they're pulling. So here's what I did and what my profile reflects:

Yesterday. Tried modding the number of time cubes I have (primarily for the achievement, secondarily because I wanted to max every artifact, which http://s12.postimg.org/bv5ep922j/Time_Clickers2.png ). I found a value for the number of :timecube: that I've gotten this run (the number on the right beside the green Time Warp button), but that seems to be just a tracking number. It didn't have any effect in game, but my profile shows my best :timecube: run to be like 1.4 billion, but I never actually got that :timecube:, making that number hugely inaccurate (only had a few million at the time). Curiously, these cubes were never added to my total, which stayed normal (increasing by 940k or whatever the max was). My only point here is that, with the leaderboard and the stats, you might want to do another verification (like after a time warp, current :timecube: - previous :timecube: = best run) since the number that it's pulling isn't even the actual number.

Today. Managed to find the value for :timecube: (although it was very hidden and I had almost given up trying to find it) and used that to achieve the picture above. However, since they weren't obtained through a time warp, they don't seem to show up on my "total :timecube:" for my profile. Which means that I could have cheated with that and you really wouldn't be able to prove anything without actually opening up/combing through the save file. It just seems very, very, very strange to me that total cubes is (probably) previous :timecube: + new :timecube: from time warp rather than spent :timecube: + available :timecube:. Or, really, anything that doesn't really on being incremented. Even if it only updates after a time warp (I warped after the previous picture to see if that would update the value and it did not), the information reflected on the profile is inaccurate. I would bet the value for time warps is the same way, but since it appears the addresses change after a time warp, I didn't put much effort into trying to find that value. Maybe later.

3. DPS calculations. The DPS seems to be an inherently flawed number because it does not take into account (by my count) the number of projectiles fired or targets hit. Since splash damage, like a rocket, is unreliable, that's not something to calculate into a dps, but someone firing 2+ bullets is since that effectively doubles their DPS. It also means that certain upgrades that get rid of those projectiles really hurt your DPS, but just using the values you wouldn't know that because each shot does more damage. There are just less of them.

Also, not that either of these things matter to legitimate players, but the calculations for the cost of abilities (multiplying by 5 each time) are completely outrageous given the amount of :timecube: a player can collect. Some of those upgrades end up costing billions of :timecube: (maybe even trillions), which means a player would have to play every day for years to get just one of those upgrades. I get that you want idle games to last a long, long, long time, but damn.. don't put an ability tree in front of them and tell them they'll never be able to get more than 1/100th of the stuff on it, and that's assuming they play forever. And, I'm sure you know, the waves stop at 5,275 on a boss with 0 hp (my guess is that the numbers just got so high that they hit NaN and went to an infinite 0). Again, not an issue for normal players, just an observation for potential scaling issues into the far future.

And for the sake of clarity, here's a picture from yesterday about how much of a cheater I am. http://s11.postimg.org/g48iv3cqq/Time_Clickers.jpg I initially used a speed mod (x500, but I'm sure it capped it below that, probably like 300-350) and an auto clicker that clicked around 200x per second. After that I started modding values, which I won't post here out of respect for the devs, but if you're curious it isn't really that difficult (until it gets patched! o.o) Again, if you need clarity on those bugs, let me know. Thanks!

Mutkanz likes this.