Just lost a weeks worth of data.

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by coltyie, Aug 10, 2015.

1. coltyie

coltyie Rookie

I have been playing on steam for the last 5 days or so and done about 8 resets, I just saw there was an update so I figured I should restart the game to get the new features. I saved in the top right, closed my game and opened it, and now I am back to where I was nearly a week ago, I lost about 400k time cubes. I have achievements in Steam showing my highest wave was significantly higher that what my new (old techincally) game is now at. (I was just short of wave 2200, about 2110?)

Super upset about this (probably quitting if there's no way to recover the data to get back to abouts where I was), please let me know if there's any way of fixing this, thanks.

2. coltyie

coltyie Rookie

Clarifying on some details:

I was at around wave 2100+ (highest), now at 1400 (highest)
    I had paired my game from Timegamers to Steam about a week ago and have been playing on steam ever since
    I clicked the save in the top right before I closed it to update, when I reopened the game with the new updates, it has basically set me back 5-7 days of progress.
    My steam achievements still say I have defender 13 (wave 1850) that I obtained over 2 days ago

3. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

For reference of anyone else that finds this thread. We solved this via chat & PM.

We keep daily backups of the cloud saves, but for some reason the last cloud save sent was from 3 days ago.

So we took that save and added the missing Time Cubes he earned during that time.

We don't know why it happened, but if anyone runs into a similar problem, don't hesitate to contact me or Kenzie.

Top priority is to make sure you have a little cloud icon instead of a disk icon when saving the game.

emb3r and Dimps like this.
  4. coltyie

coltyie Rookie

Happened again earlier in the week, lost 3-ish days of data. Confirming that I *DID* have a disc icon and my cloud icon disappeared. (Never lost internet connection, don't know why it switched and didn't save locally) At this point though I don't really care about recovering. Decided to call it quits since I haven't gotten back to where I was and consequently haven't played in a week.

Good game while it was going. Thanks for sharing! Have fun everyone, hopefully you can figure out the save bug if it's happening to others as well :)

5. Boozn

Boozn Rookie

All my progress was reset when I reset Windows 10.

6. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

It's all still in the cloud save, if you play on Steam you just need to re-pair the game (in the lower right on the Options menu).

I see you've got 980,215 Time Cubes in that save.