Idle system change, WC patch

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Dimps, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Dimps

Dimps Elite

Hi. This patch is still new, everything is fun and shiny!

I already see one really big problem (for my fun of playing TimeClickers).
    Now that you introduced increased idle mode speeds, it will become really viable to just
    while(true) {mouse_click, asdfg70, space}

And it will give actually better or almost equal results than playing it manually.

When you first introduced idle system I was fine with it because it was obviously slower than human. Now it's not.

To fix this, you just have to automatically disable pistol idle mode on mouse click!

2. Dimps

Dimps Elite

What do you do with RL idle I'm not sure. As it is right now, it's beneficial to have it on even while actively playing. It aims at different cubes than my mouse, keeping in mind rocket fly time, it will probably hit it's block, while it would fly through already destroyed block if it was to aim to my mouse cursor.

RL idle mode is decision for player to make, decisions=fun. But currently I feel like RL idle is better than manual rocket aim in just every situation. This shouldn't be the case. Game is about making decisions, not about following "one true best option".

3. Dimps

Dimps Elite

Another solution for click pistol idle mode would be for it to work as intended, just make pistol stop listening to mouse clicks. "If you enabled idle mode, you can't trigger the trigger anymore. Want some manual action? That's outside of Idle."

I want to emphasize how bad I feel about idle pistol being more effective with auto-clicker software than participating in game personally. This just kills the fun. Why would I ever play a game, where I can't beat computer. What part is there left for me? To click "Warp" once a hour or two?

There would be no competitive edge for someone good, when The Best is the default afk option. I love to play smart and fair. Idle pistol speed update eliminated the "smart".

4. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

It's actually not supposed to move faster unless the Automatic Fire Active Ability is active. I think we have a bug.

Having a limited time where the game is super effective is fun, but it shouldn't be like that all the time.

5. Dimps

Dimps Elite

@Proton, I'm totally fine with it moving fast when auto-fire ability is active. That is a good thing to have and a nice upgrade to spend weapon cubes at.

I hope you are agree with me that playing (nearly) perfect shouldn't be as easy as while(true) {mouse_click, asdfg70, space}, and a fix will come.
    Thanks for being responsive, I really like how you interact with us, users. Even now, when your game is one of the most popular free games on Steam.

6. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Yeah, the description for that upgrade says "Idle Mode aims at 1.6x speed when Automatic Fire is active". So I agree it is too OP right now since it seems to take effect even when the Automatic Fire isn't active.

One of the things that slows our releases down is that it takes about 3 hours to push out an update to all the platforms (and an extra week for iOS). We started release at midnight last night and weren't done until 3am. We did spend a lot of the day doing prep-work too. And our QA needs to be more intensive since we don't want to spend another 3 hours if there is a major bug left in.

Ideally it should only take about 10 minutes to do an update, that way we could be even more responsive. Our favorite part of developing is releasing new features that the community asked for and we enjoy too, it's not as much fun developing in a vacuum. We'll be looking for more efficient ways to update for the free multi-player fps game that comes next. Really looking forward to starting on that project too, so many ideas we want to explore with the community.