How do you spec your damage tree?

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Elivercury, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Elivercury

Elivercury Rookie

I was wondering how people spec their damage tree?

I’m wondering whether it is better off to split evenly between the different damage artefacts or to focus largely on one/two. I was initially using flak/spread as these appear to clear waves the quickest, but was finding I got serious lagging issues during training. I’ve now put an even amount into everything and it seemed somewhat better early on, but I’m not convinced that plasma pistol and particle ball are actually doing much.

So I thought I’d ask for recommendations on how to spread my damage – or any other tips on building my artefacts.

Background:

I’m at ~200k :timecube:s and so I have nearly maxed out the :timecube: progression tree – getting waves down to 5, 80% additional :timecube:s and 90% chance of them showing. To complete it will cost me somewhere in the region of ~150k :timecube:, so it’s on the backburner for now.

Ability tree I have maxed the damage and gold abilities, as well as increasing the duration of maximum damage to 40seconds. Again on the backburner as I don’t see any more use for this until further duration costs are comparatively cheaper.

Click tree is empty as I don’t really rely on clicking, although I may put 1 level in everything because it is cheap and will probably quadruple my click damage. Regardless as an idle player it’s also on the backburner.

Gold tree – I’ve smattered my upgrades everywhere and generally upgraded most of the abilities to the point of them costing over 3k to upgrade. Invested fairly lightly in starting gold at the moment, plan to rectify this soon. Invested very little in the 3% increased gold tree as I find it rather expensive for relatively little gain. Probably also on the backburner as my current issue seems to be DPS.

2. Savi

Savi Rookie

3. Elivercury

Elivercury Rookie

Thanks for that. And I see that the weapon damage artefact is additive, not multiplicative? I suppose that means it is best to keep it at the same level also as it gives 0.2 to all 5 weapons, giving it the same weighting. Makes a valid point that as it scales linearly you're effectively getting diminishing returns while paying more for each upgrade.

Is there something better I could be spending my :timecube:s on or is it simply a case of I'll need to get more of them to break through 2500-3000?

4. Savi

Savi Rookie

You probably have reached the point where you just need to grind more :timecube: to progress further. There's no "magic build" that will allow you to break that level easily :)