Since we have a pretty solid foundation for how the world gets generated, it was time to start experimenting with creating a game arena. All of our experiments up until this point have been in a 128x128x128 area. After discussing the general layout of the map we decided that tripling the width & length would give us the space we needed to add all the elements we want to have. The mountains that were generated with the terrain didn’t have as much diversity & personality as we wanted, so we created a tool similar to the one we use to manipulate the grass areas. There were a couple of lighting bugs that were hiding away, so we squashed those making the sunlight a bit more natural. We then made some adjustments so it matched our ideas for the arena (added point lights, tunnels, tweaked the grass & mountains, etc). To determine whether or not the map size works, we imported a first person character controller and spent some time running around the world. The conclusion… it’s a bit too big, so next week we're experimenting with an arena that is double the width & length instead of triple.