Friday Update: Rainbow Enemies!

Discussion in 'News' started by Kenzie, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

We now have rainbow enemies. Just like in Time Clickers they have the HP of a red enemy but drop the gold of a yellow one.

We've also added a pooling system to handle spawning large quantities of things (enemies, bullets, gold, etc). This system drastically reduced the lag we were getting in Zone 15 where almost 100 enemies spawn at the same time.

[​IMG]

The UI was also redesigned to incorporate additional features (level up button, quick keys, etc).

Don't forget you can come join us on Discord. Next update will be on Friday August 25.

Diamond, Jersukai, balthur and 2 others like this.
  2. balthur

balthur Spec Ops

It's looking good.
    I know wave 15 is a boss wave, but 100 enemies? That sounds like a lot. The second webm made me think of a movie quote: "This is the moment/point at which you start running.". Also creative webm names.

Kenzie and Proton like this.
  3. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

At first we did 200 enemies, with only 100 alive at a time, so as you killed one it would spawn a new one until all 200 were there. But this was more frustrating than fun.

The way they swarm together, it makes them feel like a mix between 1 large enemy and 100 little ones.

Diamond and Kenzie like this.
  4. Diamond

Diamond Spec Ops

That does add more compatibility with older machines like mine which has hardware that is not that great but still runs game just fine. My system is not the best in main hardware but graphics and sound is amazing though but, a 2.8 GHz processor and 8 GB ram is not that great for most games I play but I have ways but doing that will save some people from crashing. Good Job!

Kenzie likes this.