FAQ and Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Playmoarnow, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Playmoarnow

Playmoarnow Rookie

Tips and Tricks for Time Clickers!

In this thread I will show what tips I know of to help you get through the game faster or help your overall understanding of how the game works.

Time Cubes: :timecube:
    Time Warp: TW

FAQ:

Q: How can I get Unity to work on Chrome again?
    A: Put this into your url bar: chrome://flags/
    And then scroll down until you find “Enable NPAPI” and enable it. Unity should work now but you will get a reminder that Chrome will remove the plugin entirely eventually once a day.
    http://prntscr.com/7hggpl

Q: When do I get some :timecube:?
    A: They start on W100 (wave 100) and you will get 10 :timecube: on that floor 100% of the time. Other floors with guaranteed :timecube: are: 100(10), 250(40), 500(100), 1000(250)

Q: When should I TW?
    A: When the next boss can’t be killed or when you feel the game is going too slowly to keep going. You can’t TW before you get to W100 and get some :timecube:.

Q: How can I get more Maximum Damage time?
    A: By upgrading your ability duration. After you beat a boss or miniboss you will get ½ your duration as a bonus.

Q: Where should I spend my :timecube:?
    A: If you haven’t spent any yet and just for your first few, I would suggest putting them into Damage for your team. After that getting extra gold would be good. Then get find chance in the Progression tree along with increasing :timecube: finds.

Q: Will clicking Activate all abilities use up my Cooldown ability?
    A: No. Activate all abilities does not use up Dimension Shift or Cooldown.

Q: Is there a best location to leave your mouse while the game idles?
    A: The gun follows your mouse even if the window/tab isn’t in front, but the best place to put the mouse I find is to the right a bit around the middle of the screen. Reason being is to catch the rainbow sphere. For killing cubes somewhere around the middle is best. The shapes appear all over the screen so it appears that no matter where you put your crosshairs you will always miss hitting cubes on some shapes.

Q: Do I lose my :timecube: if I spend them on Artifacts
    A: No. You keep all of your :timecube: and gain extra bonuses with them on top of their default damage bonus!

Q: How do I get rid of the letters next to my gold count?
    A: Options, turn to scientific notation.

Q: What happens when I get past z on the letter notation?
    A: The letters gain scientific notation of sorts, like a1, b1, c1, and eventually a2. Here's a picture: http://prntscr.com/7m4wsi

Q: My save tile got lost! How can I get it back?
    A: Try playing the game on both the WebGL and Web Player version and if that doesn't work try contacting @Proton or @Kenzie with what browser your use and what plugin you generally use. How many :timecube: you had on the save would also help them out. Don't lie!

Q: How many floors do I have to complete before my :timecube: doubles?
    A: I can't tell you that one, but I can say that every time you double your floors (past F200 or something), assuming you have high :timecube: spawn rate (90%+) your :timecube: will be 5x it was previously. i.e.: F500=3500 :timecube: F1000=17.5k F2000=~100k :timecube:

Tips and tricks:

You can level your guns by pressing A S D F or G.

Every +10 levels your guns add another "stack" of damage. Say you have 1000 damage at level 500. (for purposes of simplicity) At level 510 you will have 2000 damage, at level 540 you will have 5000 damage. At level 560 you will have 7000 damage. Each 10 levels adds another stack of base damage. This is most noticeable on the levels 500-1000 and 1500-2000 and the stacks 'reset' every 100 levels because you promoted them.

White blocks give 10x more gold than Red blocks.
    Yellow blocks give about 10x more gold than a White block.
    Rainbow blocks gives 10x more gold than a White block. (Same as Yellow)
    Rainbow Sphere gives about 25x gold as a Yellow block.

Rainbow blocks have the same HP that Red blocks have.
    White blocks have 10x the HP that Red blocks have.
    Yellow blocks have 10x the HP that White blocks have.

When you run into a situation such as this:
    http://prntscr.com/7hg8ya
    Upgrading the Flak Cannon for double bullets is actually more efficient than getting the Spread Rifle to fire twice as fast. This is because the Flak Cannon is already firing roughly 2.5x as fast as your Spread Rifle, so making it hit 2x the blocks increases the blocks hit per second more than if you were to upgrade the Spread Rifle.

The "Maximum Damage" Bonus can give you ability time lasting more than your normal max. It will look like your abilities are staying 100% full until the time gets back down to the normal level.

With ability duration of 40 seconds (around 36 if you just want for waves) and instantly killing the creatures on the floors you will always have all of your abilities proc'd. If you have more than 20 seconds of Maximum damage they will slowly add up and stack upon each other for as long as you can keep killing the floors instantly.

What’s up with those upgrades that say they make the Spread Rifle and Flak Cannon never miss?
    (info from Quickreset) The way the guns work without those upgrades is that just after they fire a shot, once they start ‘reloading’ they will pick 3 or 6 blocks to fire at. If that block is destroyed before they finish reloading they will still fire at that block, even though it’s gone now. Wasting the shot. Getting this upgrade will make them re-aim and attack a different block so that they are always hitting 3 or 6 different blocks at the same time.

Spread shot actually lowered your per-bullet damage. Sort of. The damage displayed as your bullet damage is divided among the amount of pellets you’re firing so that you still do the same damage overall if you’re hitting blocks with every pellet. This often lowers the damage you’re actually doing as you are likely not always hitting blocks with every pellet. It is very potent still when all of your abilities are used at once.

Dimension Shift is a permanent +5% damage to all guns. It lasts as long as that time stream does and will stack with itself.
    0 uses: 1x damage
    1 use: 1.05x damage
    2 uses: 1.1025x damage

Rainbow sphere spawn roughly every 4-15 minutes depending on how far you have spawn chance upgraded.

Promoting your guns is not always the best thing to do. If you get killing the waves very quickly, within a second per shape, then don’t promote your guns and lower their fire rate. They will waste a lot of damage by overkilling a cube instead of putting all of their damage out on as many cubes as they can. If you can, save up from level 500 pre-promotion to when you can afford buying the level 600 upgrade.

Your guns will not aim for blocks they cannot see. Some part of the block must be visible for it to be targeted.

Once you have a good amount of :timecube:, roughly 30-75k, you can invest in raising the waves you start at (I would suggest doing this a bit sooner so you start closer to F100) and increasing the gold you start with each TW. When you have enough gold to get all of your guns to level 500, stop leveling the Rocket Launcher and Particle Ball because they fire too slow and cost too much to be effective. The Flak Cannon and Spread Rifle will be able to take care of all of the waves up to wave 500 or so.

You don’t need to kill the boss to get its :timecube:. Just kill the :timecube: block and pick them up and you can TW with them.

The guns generally focus blocks in the front and then on the top. Use that if you want to click blocks that are being hit by your team.

The multipliers for click damage on blocks your team is also attack appear to stack multiplicatively. Use this for massive damage on yellow blocks or :timecube: block by getting 2-5 guns attacking the same block then click once. The block will usually die if you have enough in those artifacts.

Forums:

Assuming you've made it this far you can at least navigate the page.
    Q: How can I view my stats?
    A: Hover over your account you should have created, go to your profile, then click stats if it's not already selected. Any time you spend in the game after your account creation will have your :timecube: and current waves tracked. You can use this to see how fast you're beating waves and how much :timecube: you're getting. It's still a little buggy on whether it wants to connect lines or not but works well otherwise.

Q: How do I stop getting emails or alerts from the forums?
    A: Go into your settings and browse around there for a bit. You'll find a section on getting emails and alerts for different things. Customize to your liking.

You can tag people into threads (send them alert about something) by putting @ and then their name. i.e. @Playmoarnow

If a page is too big to see all of (like this one) you can go between the posts by using this thing in the upper right corner: http://prntscr.com/7hh41y

You get points of the forums by posting, getting likes, and getting to certain achievements. (likes and post goals. There are also anniversary ones.)

#1 Playmoarnow, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Gruffyd

Gruffyd Rookie

Q: Where should I spend my :timecube:?
    I disagree with this. Damage updates can wait for a good while as just having the :timecube: actually provides a damage boost. Work on the gold tree, then the :timecube: spawn chance & :timecube: find.

3. Playmoarnow

Playmoarnow Rookie

You don't lose :timecube: by spending it on the Artifacts so you can never lose the damage from the cubes themselves. In my opinion getting a good amount of damage right off the bat is a good way to get to the mid 100 waves for more :timecube:. Then you can put in the gold bonuses.

4. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

Spread-shot is a great benefit if your (average) damage per click is enough to overkill blocks, which is likely if you're using all your skills. But do note that it's front-loaded -- it's more effective early on for each enemy, and less effective later on. Make sure you have enough other bonuses that are back-loaded (most notably, multipliers when you're clicking on blocks targeted by your team's guns).

They're still cost-effective at raising the damage per click. This is worthwhile if you're doing a "deep dive", past the point where your team is effective, where most of the damage comes from targeted clicks and/or skill-enhanced clicks.

5. Playmoarnow

Playmoarnow Rookie

This is true, but for most of us that have hit the W500 wall, leveling those guns above 500 (though I get mine to 1000 because of my starting gold) until you start hitting that wall is of little to no use because of the lack bonuses that the first 500 levels had and because the first 3 guns can kill the whole structure in a fraction of a second (i think .2 seconds is the minimum time to kill any 'monster'). I level them again once I get to F500 because their damage is needed to maintain the speed at which I would like to kill the structures.

6. Quickreset

Quickreset Rookie

Right, for the initial period they don't have enough of an effect. I didn't pick up that you were talking about the fast period.

Maybe you should make a section of the FAQ into four pieces: fast, medium, slow, and spending time cubes. During "slow" most or all of your damage comes from clicking. During "fast" the skills are active nearly all the time.

7. Playmoarnow

Playmoarnow Rookie

[QUOTE="Quickreset, post: 130, member: 180"Maybe you should make a section of the FAQ into four pieces: fast, medium, slow, and spending time cubes. During "slow" most or all of your damage comes from clicking. During "fast" the skills are active nearly all the time.[/QUOTE]
    That's be a cool idea but as of right now I don't see too much of a reason to split it up so much quite yet. That might be more for a thread like a guide on how to progress or something.

A thread I also made on a different site got so big splitting it up became kind of impossible. http://forum.titanmc.net/threads/ultimate-prison-q-a-faq.633/

8. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

9. JoshMike

JoshMike Spec Ops

Thanks for putting this together!

Just wanted to make you aware that Kenzie says rainbow blocks actually drop exactly the same amount of gold as yellow blocks.

[​IMG] Kenzie: Rainbow blocks have the same health as a red block and drop the same gold as a yellow block

10. Skrub

Skrub Spec Ops

Make sure you wait at weapon level 500 untill you know you can upgrade that weapon 100 levels! Otherwise the loss of speed and projectiles will NOT be anywhere near worth the extra damage!

Muardin likes this.
  11. Pronto

Pronto Rookie

Exactly what i wanted to tell ;)
    First post btw :p

Proton likes this.
  12. Playmoarnow

Playmoarnow Rookie

Added that bit on level 500-600 to where I intended it to be inferred.
    Haven't been on lately so never really updated this until now.
    I still think rainbow should give more than yellow, and it felt like they did but can't really argue with a dev. :p

13. Vang

Vang Spec Ops

Damn, wish I had read this post a day or two ago. I would have gotten a lot more out of my game time. Thanks for the info.

14. KodokSaltoe

KodokSaltoe Rookie

15. I88I

I88I Spec Ops

Nice tips && tricks! Thank you!
    1st post btw.

16. raypatmurph

raypatmurph Spec Ops

I have a question about this:

"White blocks give 10x more gold than Red blocks.
    Yellow blocks give about 10x more gold than a White block.
    Rainbow blocks gives 10x more gold than a White block. (Same as Yellow)
    Rainbow Sphere gives about 25x gold as a Yellow block."

or for whatever the multiplication factors are...

When you upgrade the artifacts for 'Multiply gold drop from red blocks', do they affect the others? So if I were to upgrade just the gold dropped from red blocks, would the ratios still be the same?

17. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

Good question raypatmurph. Without experimenting, and from the way the text from the artifact is worded, I would assume it effects only the type of block concerned, ie multiply gold drops from red block would only effect red blocks, but the gold ratios are the same for other blocks as if red block were unchanged. The quote you gave seems to me a indicator of the way gold from blocks are treated as a baseline, and other modifiers stack on top to alter that type of blocks output. Would be nice to get a clarification, as if altering one alters the ratios for others it is worth knowing.

18. Mikey_R

Mikey_R Elite

I would assume the multipliers are the base values, if it didn't you could get some crazy values from the :timecube: gold multipliers. As an example, assuming it goes red > white > gold > rainbow, my red blocks would have a 17x multiplier, white would be 187x (on 11x) gold would be 2057x (on 11x) and rainbow is 28,798x (on 14x), so just a bit ridiculous.

19. RessurrectedDoom

That would easily make the Rainbow Blocks be your only source of income, and possibly the Rainbow Balls as well. Add in a lot of Rainbow Block conversions next and everything else would be nothing in comparison. If you ask me, I'm certain it's base values, so Red blocks with 10x multiplier is the same as one White blocks at it's base multiplier of one. Otherwise, I'd imagine one would be blazing through many, MANY waves in a hurry.

Of course, with those crazy multipliers, I actually wonder what that would make the Rainbow Ball worth if that was true instead.

20. Mikey_R

Mikey_R Elite

I realised I forgot to add in the natural multipliers on base, meaning white would hit 1870, gold would be 205,700 and rainbow 2,879,800, remembering these multipliers are based on the base value for red blocks.