Does the game still get updated or abandoned?

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Reepile, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Reepile

Reepile Rookie

I just wanted to know if the developers ditched this game or still care about it since it says in the update log they WERE preparing for a Christmas event but no updates after. What happened? Does this game still get updated?

2. Lemminglen

Lemminglen Rookie

The Christmas event ran as planned, and the devs still respond to questions and bug reports. I think they are probably concentrating on their new game, but I don't think they've quite abandoned this one yet.

3. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

When we started working on Time Clickers we always intended it to be a quick little project (maybe like a month) and then we would move on to our next game.

We recently announced Time Gunners, which is our new team-based first person shooter game.

Our long term vision is to create a game that combines all the best aspects from our previous games (this will be the game after Time Gunners). It’ll use the upgrades & progression from Time Clickers, the first person & multiplayer from Time Gunners, etc. So Time Gunners is the next step towards our long term vision.

slowbro and Donkulous like this.
  4. Roku

Roku Rookie

This game has had some of the most frequent updates I've seen. Thank you for all your hard work!

slowbro and Kenzie like this.
  5. Reepile

Reepile Rookie

Kenzie, if you don't mind me asking, your final game that you are working towards... what type of game is it? You said it progresses like Timeclickers so I'm guessing it's also idle? I am usually looking for the best Idle games I can and so far I love this one, but if your final version is an idle game I would instantly get that one. Especially with multiplayer :D

(Probably a stupid question but I don't know anything about the other amazing games you have made)

6. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Not a stupid question, but I don't really have all the details yet. We won't be starting that project for quite awhile since our focus is on Time Gunners right now.

We're currently thinking that the game after Time Gunners would be a first person multi-player survival type game with idle/incremental elements. However this could always change when we start working on that project.

Just like all of our projects, we'll release prototypes and listen to the community's feedback/suggestions to help shape the game.

Donkulous and CresentChaos like this.
  7. CresentChaos

CresentChaos Rookie

My Goodness that will be amazing!!! ;D can't wait for that

Donkulous and Kenzie like this.
  8. slowbro

slowbro Spec Ops

Even if the current Time Clickers version winds up being the final version, I'll be way past satisfied with it! :D No game gets updated forever, and it's already an awesome, fully-realized game in my opinion with months of love and vision put into it. :)

Guns and especially FPS aren't my thing, so I may or may not try Proton Studio's current game or future games, but I fully intend to continue playing and enjoying Time Clickers little by little for months or maybe years! I may be close to finishing Training 5; in time why stop with Training 7? Or 8? I see on the leaderboard that people have passed wave 5000, and I wouldn't be surprised if the game can go significantly farther.

If Proton and Kenzie make a clicker with Time Clickers' awesome math and upgrades with furry animals instead of guns I'll be in heaven, lol, but I doubt that fits their vision which is of course fine. Keep creating and expanding your universes based on your vision and advice from your games' players! I know you'll create great things! In my opinion you already have! :)

Kenzie likes this.
  9. nighthunterrrr

any news here or the game is just dead?

10. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

As mentioned above we've been working on our new game Time Gunners, which we just released the Alpha of yesterday. There are no updates planned for Time Clickers.