Do you OP farm?

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Hellbent, Oct 24, 2015.

?

Do you OP Farm?

Poll closed Nov 14, 2015.
  1. Yes

40.7%
  2. No

30.5%
  3. Don't know how to

28.8%
  1. Timmy

Timmy Rookie

@Morgath
    nothing personal about you or anyone, really, i'm so bad at keeping names in mind that i would have to re-read the whole time clickers forum in order to find a few examples, though, as said, it wasn't toward anyone in particular

about the nerf, probably i worded the whole thing poorly, but i didn't mean i'm asking for one, i'm only saying that if the majority of the playerbase uses scripts and progresses too fast compared to 'realistic' (aka manual) estimates, the game will probably be patched to slow down progression for everyone, eventually, i guess... i don't have hard numbers at hand of course, but that's how this kind of scenario is usually addressed in many other games: if something is too good that it cancels the need/desire for gameplay diversification, it usually gets bashed down to average or worse

Morgath likes this.
  2. Slave

Slave Rookie

The past few resets my banked time dosent seem to work - when i had 75/200 starting gold and 1/200 stating wave i could save up about 40 mins of op farm - now i have 85/200 and 1/200 but my banked op time wont breake 2 mins

anyone know why that is ?

i havent changed my active abilitys uptime, thay are on 15/30

3. WhatIsScript

WhatIsScript Spec Ops

Are you playing on PC or a smartphone?
    So once it hits 2 minutes, does it not go any higher?

4. Slave

Slave Rookie

on pc - its not capped at 2 its going up and down form 2-3 mins

this is my build - http://puu.sh/l3NN1/36075d6fe5.jpg
    this is my op time at wave 330 http://puu.sh/l3NQu/d5bb66bfab.jpg

and now at wave 685 its startet to drob in banked time, capped out at 7 mins 40 sec
    http://puu.sh/l3PdN/bb85a19513.jpg

will reset now and try with less pints on starting wave.

looks to have improved abit this run, i will update when i get abit higher to see it if gets anyware near the 40 mins mark this time

new build - went down to 75/200 and didet spend the extra time qubes - http://puu.sh/l3PkI/7fc1a46b4c.jpg
    wave 210 - the build with less starting gold as only change gives alot more banked time http://puu.sh/l3PH1/50889d82ba.jpg
    wave 685 new build and alot better - http://puu.sh/l3QPs/284ed5316e.jpg

#44 Slave, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  5. WhatIsScript

WhatIsScript Spec Ops

Sorry for the late reply Slave, but at what wave did you have 40 min of Max Damage? I'm going to do a quick run with your setup and see what's up with it.
    For me, I can get 40 min at wave 455.

EDIT: Sorry OP, if this went a little off topic haha. Curious to see why his 40 min got nerfed so bad.

6. Muche

Muche Elite

@Slave The difference between Starting gold L75 and L85 is what levels it allows you to upgrade your team to - with L75 it's mostly 1900-2000, with L85 it's 2000-2100. At level 1900 your team members have all the upgrades that speed them up, at 2000 they start SpecOps with low speed.
    The difference between banked times is caused by your slow team. Even though their DPS is high, it's mostly wasted due to their slow speed.

I would recommend you to get the Starting gold artifact back to level 85 and after warp upgrade your team to level 2000 (and do not start SpecOps). Your team will be the fastest and bank more time. I'm usually detecting speed by watching how quickly the boss is killed. With the fastest team it's between 0.1s and 0.3s.
    Next, try upgrading a team member from level 2000 (before SpecOps upgrade) to 2075 (after upgrade) so they retain their speed. With the recently added Gold OP indicator it's much easier now.

If you're going for OPF build, you need to combine the speed and high DPS - upgrade all team members to level 2000 (before SpecOps) and Particle ball to whatever your gold allows you.

7. Slave

Slave Rookie

sorry i dont know - but guessing somewere between 65 and 80 starting gold maybe i had a lucky streak of hallowine mask for bonus time.

okay thanks, i did think abit about that hitting hard 5 times might be better then hitting relly hard 2 times :)

8. Frozen

Frozen Elite

So at how many timecubes is playing like this worth it? did anyone compare? When I tried this at about 4.2 million timecubes it wasn't more efficient than doing normal runs (until wave 2000)

9. Arnkh

Arnkh Rookie

I don't know at what point it becomes more efficient than normal runs, but I imagine you'd want to clip wave 1000 on full OP one way or another.

10. Frozen

Frozen Elite

That's not what I mean. I meant at what amount of total timecubes is such a build worth it at all?

11. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

A simple trick to find out if you can use this build is to do the following.

1. Find your average:timecube:/min from your normal build (this will be the minimum amount that you will want to get from the OP build).

2. Find out the average number of boss waves you can clear in 1 min at full OP
    (i.e. 100 waves in 2 min 47 sec works out as 20 in 167 sec, or .11976 bosses per second * 60 = 7.18 bosses per min (rounded down) ).

3. Divide expected:timecube:/min by bosses (i.e. 900 / 7.18 = 125)

4. Find the boss that starts giving you the number of:timecube: you got from step 3 (for example the boss at wave 495 gives 86:timecube:).

5. Change your artifact setup to see if you can get OP at that wave
    (you don't have to have your starting wave set to this, but you will want to spend over 60% of a run time over the wave number you got in step 4, so for example, if your target is wave 491 and you can be at full OP untill 791, you can set your start wave at close to 291 and still get your target:timecube:/min. Higher is better though).

12. Eleuthria

Eleuthria Spec Ops

One thing to keep in mind for OP runs if you're not already at 15m+ :timecube:s: Your :timecube:/min might not be as good as a well executed deep run (meaning you don't let it go too long between weapon upgrades as you get further in the run). But an OP run requires no interaction after initial setup. You can set a little alarm (or just wing it) on an OP run, spend 20 seconds warping/re-leveling weapons, then do something else until it's time to reset again.