Do you OP farm?

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Hellbent, Oct 24, 2015.

?

Do you OP Farm?

Poll closed Nov 14, 2015.
  1. Yes

40.7%
  2. No

30.5%
  3. Don't know how to

28.8%
  1. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

Over the last few days I have been seeing more and more people starting to use a build to farm the last few mins of OP mode, and I was wondering what kinds of results people have been having with it.

I myself have maxed out my starting gold, start on wave 991 and have just started maxing my team and particle ball damage artifacts. I intend to raise my starting level once I have 1 - 2 million:timecube: banked up, and will likely take some:timecube: from my damage tree within the next day or so to raise my starting wave instead.

Before the update, my lag kept me at about 2000 - 2200:timecube:/min but now I can get a bit more and am getting around 2500:timecube:/min.

How about you, What is your:timecube:/min, Starting wave, and how many:timecube: did you have when you started?

Also has anyone done the calculations on what the next starting wave after 991 should be? That info will save me a few mins of doing the calculations myself.

raypatmurph likes this.
  2. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

I am currently at starting gold 195 (for spec ops 3.4 for all weapons. Am at 1001 starting level. Not sure if it is optimum, but it works for me. I farm for 11 minutes and am bumping up my Dps stats, again do not know if optimum, but it seems to work. Not sure how may :timecube: had when started, but a lot (enough to upgrade start wave to full). Have modified a script for AHK to auto reset after a time. If anyone wants to use it, you can download it from my google drive here.
    Many thanks for coming up with the strat Hellbent.

raypatmurph likes this.
  3. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

Thanks Morgath.

A few things about your setup, you might want to get your starting gold up to max so you can farm for longer, the higher the round you can farm to the higher your:timecube:/min will be and the less impact the reset has on it, another thing would be to lower your starting wave to 991, you are losing out on the 300ish extra:timecube: you get from round 1000, like I said above I have not done the calculations on what round would be the next round to go to after 991 but I am sure someone has worked it out already. Do you find the new update we got speeds the rounds up for you?

4. nize

nize Rookie

These gains, these gains... Start gold 179/200 & start wave 951, already averaging 4k/min. Stacking up cubes now so I can jump straight to max start gold and wave 991 at least. 8min runs currently, reset takes about 10seconds.

I switched to this kind of build somewhere between 20-25m cubes.

5. Frozen

Frozen Elite

I'm currently trying to figure out a proper build for OP farming. I only have 3 million timecubes and can't seem to get more timecubes per min than I would with my regular build. My regular one yielded about 3832 timecubes per 10 minutes after a 5 hour run and with the new build I only got 3200 after running for 10 minutes.

Here's my current build:

[​IMG]

6. Mammbos

Mammbos Rookie

you have too few TimeCubes for this build. unless you can dump 5+ mil on startign gold , i dont think it will be worth (5 being a made up number, might need even more)

7. luca

luca Rookie

Start on wave 111/200 gold 191/200 gain 27000+ per less than 7' run (all inclusive) so is 4000+/min
    Love it
    My precious suggest to all is for looking the graph and understand when the curve goes up (start at that level) and when start to goes down( that's time ti warp!)
    No matter how many:timecube: you got for this.

Other thing: try warp as soon as your over power is NOT more full at all ;-)

Is NOT true that the more you start the more you go, you have to destroy FASTER , so if i use 191 and max D,S, F, A , G in this order you gain max speed of fire

If needed thanks or pvt!

#7 luca, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Gamefreak likes this.
  8. Arnkh

Arnkh Rookie

My starting gold is at 195/200. That brings everyone to 3500, which is enough damage AND you retain max attack speed.
    Starting wave is 931. After 10 minutes I get to about 1551, which brings me 38.5k :timecube:. You can figure out my average. :p
    I should probably get my starting wave to 991 at some point.
    Currently dumping EVERYTHING into damage tree.

9. JimboTCB

JimboTCB Rookie

I've started doing this recently after getting thoroughly bored on a deep run which lasted over a week, stalled out at about 3400, and made about as many :timecube: as I do in a few hours now.

Currently up to 140 on starting gold, but I'm only buying units up to 2500 because anything past that works out as killing waves slower... should probably take some of the levels out of it until I have enough cubes to go straight to 3000, but there's really not a lot else at the moment which looks like it will help - starting wave is on 541, which is after my :weaponcube: start point and probably a little too high, and I've got about 90 ranks in all the damage tree upgrades already so adding more :timecube: there doesn't add any noticeable increase in how long OP lasts for...

10. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

Keep buying starting gold, but put it into your particle ball weapon. The OP Mode is based on team DPS so if you jack up the particle balls DPS you will stay in OP for longer. The particle ball weapon has almost no impact on how fast you clear a wave so even if its speed is dropped to nothing, it won't matter, but the extra DPS will. When I was first starting to get my starting gold out of a training level I would also sometimes dump a bunch of gold into my rocket launcher and was still making gains.

11. Savi

Savi Rookie

OP farming is by far the strongest farming method now. I'm currently tweaking my spec how to maximize it. My first attempt at OP farming when the patch released netted me about 3000 :timecube: per minut but with my current setup I'm farming at around 4650-4700 :timecube: per minut.

The biggest downside to the whole Overpowered mechanic is that I can't really increase my farming speed now since gaining :timecube: doesn't increase my speed. Putting points in gold skills or click skills is pointless in an OP build so i'm just trying to max the weapon DPS skills but in the end won't make any difference for me.

12. JimboTCB

JimboTCB Rookie

Oh, now this I like. Left the first three units at 2500, but put Rocket Launcher and Particle Ball up to 2700 each, and now I can stay in full OP up to pretty much dead on wave 1000.

I also reduced my starting wave to 491 (I forgot about the guaranteed :timecube: drop at 500) and put enough :weaponcube: into start wave to start the drops from 500, so 1000 is also now a guaranteed :weaponcube: drop wave, and reset pretty much immediately after wave 1000 when my OP is just starting to drop off.

And now I'm just blitzing through levels 491-1000 every 10 minutes before resetting again. Seems like such a wrong way of playing the game, but it's certainly effective.

13. CubeClick

CubeClick Rookie

I'm doing 12 minutes runs from 871 to 1165 (depends on runs). And i get around 50k :timecube:.
    My initial gold is maxed, and almost all my :weaponcube: upgrades except the cone of fire of the click cannon. I think it's better is he spread shots.

14. Timmy

Timmy Rookie

i'm the kind of guy who does not farm this kind of game, i usually go for deep runs, the fewer the better actually
    and on that matter, i have a question for you Hellbent, and ofc any other farmer who minds

why do you do that? honest, no sarcasm

as i see it, the point of the game is to get to wave 4000 (as of now), not really to gather as many :timecube: as possible
    :timecube: give a straight DPS boost, i get that, but even if you can hoard billions, what is the point?
    dimensional shift and actually purchasing new levels helps you a lot more than one more million :timecube: when it come to raw DPS
    i saw you do math elsewhere so i shouldn't really have to bring up the concept of 'diminishing returns' right?
    i see a lot of people hoarding 'reset currency' in each and every clicker game, it gets viral, i and can't see why anyone would do that, giving up on the thrill of actually progressing through the waves/levels/floors, for how slow it might feel... so ehm... why?

i should also add that deep runs, for unconvenient :timecube:-wise, are quite viable right now with the rework to rainbow ball and offline gold equations

15. Mammbos

Mammbos Rookie

You say the point of this game is to reach wave 4k but i disagree. The point is to be able to reach 4k in a day for me. If you only care to reach a wave without consern of time ,then what is the point? you just start a run and wait until you get enough DS to be able to beat it.
    Instead hellbent tries to make the best of his time in this game and thats what makes an idle game fun for me at least, and propably for him as well.

16. Dimps

Dimps Elite

No, I don't.
    I believe in devs!

17. Slave

Slave Rookie

sounds odd - im on 1160 right now startet on 11 - i have maxed [​IMG] chance and drobs and only at 27.7k for this run.

18. CubeClick

CubeClick Rookie

oh, right, it was 1665 and not 1165.

19. Timmy

Timmy Rookie

the point is that the gameplay got excruciatingly redundant after 100 warps and about 4M :timecube: that i'm not enojoying it anymore, but i'm already too deep into it not to want to get to the 'finish line'

though diminishing returns are so bad now that it's not me playing the game anymore, it's the game playing me, and even if i started farming right now, two-hours-worth of that would barely grant me a 10-12% boost campared to two hours earlier, so i got to ask myself, do i feel lucky today? wait no, wrong movie... the question is, is it worth it?

so, since i don't want to use scripts or autoclickers, i'm going to do what i see fits, so yes, after a couple months and 4M :timecube:, i plan to stack enough DS to get to 4000 and call it a good time

this whole argument won't make much sense to you i guess, but that's ok, thanks for sharing your point of view Mammbos :) i kind of see what's driving your playstyle

Dimps likes this.
  20. Roku

Roku Rookie

No. It feels too much like an exploit, and it doesn't sound very fun nor interesting to me. I hope they patch it out soon or better yet offer higher rewards for deeper runs in order to balance things out.

#20 Roku, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015