(Developer Attention Required) Game Breaking Imbalance Found

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Hellbent, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Dimps

Dimps Elite

Aaand it turns out doing a usual long-ish run only yields about ~1000 :timecube:/min.
    Topic starter with twice less :timecube: is getting ~2000 :timecube:/min.

Which is a bit unfair, but really my hat off to you, @Hellbent !
    Well done!

2. Arnkh

Arnkh Rookie

Man, this feels cheap! But I am getting 2.5 times more cubes per night now...
    I am thinking, though: is it worth investing in cube conversion for this strategy? It does lower overall enemy HP, might make OP last a little longer.

3. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

get the yellow conversions and a few levels of white conversion, after that go for starting gold as your main focus
    you don't even need much in the damage tree either, I have mine at 100 each but truth is that 50 would have been enough, but the extra:timecube: i spent on it does not make too much of a difference for me.

4. Arnkh

Arnkh Rookie

How did you work out the required damage levels? Wouldn't it be more = better?
    Also, what about starting wave?

5. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

in a normal game where you are going to be passing your starting gold, yes damage from the damage tree helps, but when it comes to this setup it plays such a small role.

Here is how to look at it

if i buy the first damage level, my dps will be 2x
    in order for me to 2x it again I need to buy 2 more levels
    in order for me to 2x it again I need to buy 4 more levels
    then 8 then 16 then 32 and so on

but with starting gold I can get 10x+ with a new weapon level

once starting gold is maxed and a good starting level is reached then I will put into damage.

As for starting level. you need to find your balance of time and earnings. in the long run a higher starting level is better but the minor fluctuations from run to run will play a bigger role, as well as your setup and reset times. For me, I intend to get up to 991 and not increase it untill I can go right for 1100, and I might not even do that for some time. The most important part of this setup is how fast can you go from one boss to the next, I lag so I can only do 100 waves in 2 mins 47 at the best of times after a fresh computer reset. I see that the guy who posted a while that is getting 3k min must not suffer my lag issues. Once you know what you want to get in:timecube:/min the rest is just finding the level that gives you it based on (tc/min) / boss fights per min.

6. CubeClick

CubeClick Rookie

I got 2 suggestions that would incite people into trying long runs as an alternative from this strategy :

1) Your highest wave in the past week or month gives you a multiplier on time cubes / weapon cubes. For example : +20% if you reached wave 1000, + 40% if you reached wave 2000 etc... and +100% if you reached wave 5000. This way, a long run here and there can pay.

1bis) Simpler, but still nice and tricky :
    beat boss 3000 and get -1 opponent per wave for 1 day (4 instead of 5)
    beat boss 4000 and get -1 opponent per wave for 1 week (cumulative)
    beat boss 5000 and get -1 opponent per wave for 1 month (cumulative)

2) once you pass 4000 (or even 3000), you can pay :
    - 2 dimension shifts to go back to 4001
    - 3 dimension shifts to go back to 3001
    - 4 dimension shifts to go back to 2001 etc.

Whithout losing your leveled weapons. (The price in DS can be higher).
    Due to the necessary time to gain new DS, this can't be abused and your OP runs will be limited and/or separated by hours of waiting. Still, this would make long runs more fun and efficients cubewise.

#26 CubeClick, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Timmy likes this.
  7. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

Just a thought, but if the team dps artifact was reduced in its multiplier effect (down to say .05 or something) and then added after the other damage artifacts you wouldnt have such deminishing returns in the damage tree and would gives players a better scaling with investment. As it is now, twice the:timecube: does not even come close to meaning you can go twice as far, i'm not suggesting that 2x the:timecube: should get you twice as far, but surely it should do more then it does now.

8. Mammbos

Mammbos Rookie

isn't everything in this game multyplied? Say orignal damage is X, team dps is Y and TimeCube multiplier is Z.
    final damage is X*Y*Z

which is the same as X*Z*Y :p

9. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

I

From what I can see, it looks like the way it works now is like this

Pulse Pistol = 100 lvls
    Flak Cannon = 100 lvls
    Spread Rifle = 100 lvls
    Rocket Launcher = 100 lvls
    Particle Ball = 100 lvls
    Team DPS = 100 lvls

so in the end what you really have is

Pulse Pistol = 120 lvls
    Flak Cannon = 120 lvls
    Spread Rifle = 120 lvls
    Rocket Launcher = 120 lvls
    Particle Ball = 120 lvls

If that is how it works now, what I am proposing is
    if everything was at 100 lvls like before it would work out to be something like this

Pulse Pistol = 100 lvls * (100*.05) = 500
    Flak Cannon = 100 lvls * (100*.05) = 500
    Spread Rifle = 100 lvls * (100*.05) = 500
    Rocket Launcher = 100 lvls * (100*.05) = 500
    Particle Ball = 100 lvls * (100*.05) = 500

something along those lines, the amount does not need to be .05, it can be much less and still help.

10. Mammbos

Mammbos Rookie

i was under the impresion that they team dps is just a seperate multilpier. One of the devs could clarifiy this.

11. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

If it is, then boy have I been doing my damage tree all wrong. I have been keeping everything about even with each other...

12. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

I just checked and you were right, I was always under the assumption that because the team dps artifact added .2 and there were 5 weapons that it was just like as if it was adding .2 to each weapon.

13. Mammbos

Mammbos Rookie

phew you had em worried here( i have maxed Teap dps :p )

14. Hellbent

Hellbent Elite

I honestly had the idea that it just added to each team member from the first time that I had:timecube: to spend. I saw that each weapon went up by 1 and the team one went up by .2 and thought, well there are 5 weapons, it must be that each one is getting .2 and after 5 levels it would be like adding 1 to each at a slighty lower price then adding the next level to each. Much the same way how there are two artifacts to lower ability cool down and duration.

15. Timmy

Timmy Rookie

i support this idea :D
    DS cost in the quote is a bit low, and having 'pass wave 4000' as a requirement would mean only like a dozen legitimate players would benefit from it

but i find the 'use DS as a currency' idea to be a real clever one, it really can't be abused
    maybe top players could, with max cooldown reduction it would be possible to push about a DS per 2 hours? (i guess, you do the math)
    but i don't know if maxing cooldown reduction could actually be viable at all for them compared to basically anything else, i'm under the impression it costs a lot of :timecube:

what a bummer, i too assumed separated artifacts would grant multiplicative bonuses
    allies DPS is not multiplicative with team DPS, achievements DPS boosts are not multiplicative to each other... thanks god DS bonuses are!

out of curiosity, are there any more non-multiplicative bonuses in the game?

#35 Timmy, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  16. miva2

miva2 Rookie

Congrats on finding that.

I'll just keep playing my way. My goal is to reach wave 3000 before the next big expansion is out :D

This build only seems useful if you come back in regular intervals to time warp (but I guess every build benefits from an active player). Does this build require more activity then other builds? Or maybe even less since you don't need to be there at all while the OP is running? If you come back later (lets say after an hour) is it still more efficient than other builds?
    I'm just throwing in some thoughts, I don't know much about builds.

I fail to see how not spending anything in the click tree does not dramatically increase your damage. OP counts as click damage right? And with your unspent timecubes you could just as well but them in the click tree right?

17. Arnkh

Arnkh Rookie

Where OP is concerned, as far as I understand it's mechanics, "dramatically" = "by an order of magnitude". I am sure it will eventually do that, but I've dumped, like, 3kk :timecube: into that tree and got maybe 2 waves worth of OP, if that.

18. JimboTCB

JimboTCB Rookie

I've been experimenting with this the last few days, and you pretty much just buy all your crap at the start of the run, do absolutely nothing for 15 minutes or so until the wave HP catches up with your DPS and Overpowered runs down, then you reset again. I set up an AutoHotkey script to do it as an exercise in laziness, but as long as you're going to leave the game open and just manually reset as often as necessary, you don't need to do anything else - by the time your gold gained from actually killing stuff catches up to what you get from the Starting Gold artifact, it's time to reset anyway, so you never have to buy any further upgrades other than immediately after warping.

19. Mammbos

Mammbos Rookie

well if you count how much it takes to run out of overpower you can just make the script start a new timeline on its own. most efficient way since you never have to worry about coming back in time and requires you to do absolute nothing other than spending a day to learn AHK sqripts ( if you cant find one already made)