Celebrating beating a boss

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Dimps, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Dimps

Dimps Elite

When you work hard on beating a boss, you just got to celebrate it with fireworks. There is no other way around. Guys running weapons and guns love it too.

On the other hand, when boss fight was not epic enough and lasted less than 5 seconds, then it's not worth a personal firework weekend. New enemy awaits!

slowbro and Proton like this.
  2. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops

I find that the time spent with fireworks is a real waste of time to progression in the game

3. Igorlegor

Igorlegor Spec Ops

I agree !

4. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

We started working on a simple system to make the enemies spawn faster if you are more powerful:

If your Team DPS is 10^10 more than the Enemy HP, then the 0.5 second spawn delay starts to lower. When you reach 10^20 more powerful the spawn delay is zero.

When play testing it last night, we realized that you need some kind of visual indicator of it, because it can be hard to tell the difference between 0.5 and 0.4 second spawn time. So this simple system could expand a bit.

We think it needs some kind of UI for when it starts taking effect, some kind of "OVERPOWERED" progress bar should appear. And you have a good point that it should apply to fireworks as well.

Since we think this is a pretty nice feature, we are probably going to need to dedicate more time to it, we know for sure that the 10^10 doesn't feel right. So we will likely move this feature to an update after the Click Launcher update (to make sure it has sufficient time to be developed without postponing this next release).

Dimps likes this.
  5. Dimps

Dimps Elite

@Proton, I agree, 10^10 sounds not right, it's too much.
    You should just do it time-based. If it's killed faster than x seconds, remove delay.

Why not dps-based? Because I might have powerups enabled that allow me to shoot manually through boss really rapidly, but my team dps may be same (magnitude?) as enemy hp.

I clear waves almost instantly even if my team dps 10^1 - 10^2 times more than wave/boss HP. Your change would not affect me and still leave me watching the fireworks.

If you want to dampen the progress, do it by increasing enemy HP by 5%. I don't see a reason for 'happy moment" to stay in the way of a player. Every piece of feedback on fireworks delay on this forum I've seen was negative. People like their time to be wasted in more subtle ways :)

6. miquelfire

miquelfire Spec Ops

If you do time based, maybe something like:new fireworks time = max(current version fireworks time, time spent on boss * 2 ), and if the new time is low enough, just don't trigger the fireworks.

BTW, I once seen someone on chat talk about how the time the fireworks take is depended on which machine they run it on, so one of them, the fireworks takes a long enough time to basically kill of any chance they have to have unlimited ability time.

7. RebelKeithy

RebelKeithy Rookie

I'd be careful making earlier waves quicker. At the moment, going from wave 300-1300 gets me as many or more :timecube:/hr than the 1300-1900 stretch does. With something like this, it may increase the how many I get earlier and make deeper runs even less profitable.

8. Dimps

Dimps Elite

It is already like this: once your time cube income curve starts to bend downwards, it is no longer profitable to have a deeper run. What we essentially are talking here is small increase in that angle + gathering more powerups timing to go deeper with each try.

(for those who don't know, if you beat waves fast enough, and have certain artifacts bought, you can start get more "max dps" timing that is required to clear next 5 waves. It adds up and by the time you start to struggle you may have collected few minutes of "max dps", which is nice and which is the main goal of "please remove the fireworks")

9. Igorlegor

Igorlegor Spec Ops

Removing the fireworks is useless : just make them explode at the same time as we fight the next.
    And just remove the delay between ennemies !