Bugs with the Android App

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Elivercury, Nov 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Elivercury

Elivercury Rookie

Hi all, thought I'd mention a couple of issues I've been having with the android app version of the game.

First I have noticed that if I get a rainbow ball and choose to watch an advert, I will not get the maximum damage reward if I currently have maximum damage activated. E.g. I have 3 seconds left of maximum damage, I grab a rainbow ball and watch the advert and I get no increase to my remaining maximum damage time. Possible this is a deliberate design decision, but I'm guessing it isn't as it reduces the incentive to watch the adverts which will be the primary revenue stream.

Secondly, I'm having issues with no offline gold/progress being made although I'm uncertain exactly what conditions cause this - potentially if the screen locks through time-out? Most of the time it works, however other times it doesn't. The most frustrating usually being when I go to sleep and wake up to find that not only have I not accumulated any gold, but all of my ability timers are still in the same cooldown position I left them - I've made zero progress in the last 6-8 hours.

That being said, it's a great game and I'm really liking the option to cloud sync between computers/phone etc. - it's a very good feature given it's one of the more active idle games around and allows you to keep doing stuff even when you're not at home. As nice as the gold buildup is, you'll typically be earning more gold than you'd earn in a few hours if you spend 10 minutes actively upgrading and progressing through waves.

2. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Thanks for the heads up, this would definitely be a bug. I've added it to our to do list to look into.

Make sure you're running the latest version (1.4.0). We did have a bug in a previous version where the game would just pause and not earn offline gold when the phone went into sleep mode, but this was fixed in the latest update. Any additional info you can give about when it doesn't work would be great as it can help narrow down where any potential issues might be.

3. Elivercury

Elivercury Rookie

I've done a bit more looking at the bugs. Rainbow ball will not give any additional time to a currently active ability. I used one during a deep run where I was using the automatic fire ability with 10 seconds left - I got maximum damage from the rainbow ball on everything but automatic fire which did not change. Need to look into it further, but it also doesn't appear to give the same duration that a boss does (half your max ability time) it seems to give a lesser amount - possibly the standard 15 seconds. Difficult to judge as they occur infrequently and I'm only getting 20 seconds vs 15 from maximum damage anyway.

Regarding the sleeping issue, I have confirmed I am at version 1.4.0 on my phone and last night I put my phone to 10 minutes before it turned the screen off and locked the phone. Left the phone on the night stand to push through some more waves while I went to sleep and when I unlocked my phone this morning I still had 30 mins cooldown left on nearly all my abilities and nothing popped up with "you earnt X gold while you were away". I would note that I had a notification for a rainbow ball up (click yes/no), so perhaps this could be the issue and it will not allow you to go into offline/sleep mode until that popup is addressed? An easy fix for this would be to give you 15 seconds or something to address it or it disappears - but until the maximum damage bug is fixed this could be frustrating as I find myself having to wait for my existing maximum damage buff to wear off before clicking yes at the moment. Alternatively I don't know if you'd be able to just have your phone choose no automatically when it locks.

EDIT: Played with rainbow balls a few more times and I appear to be getting the full 20 seconds, I must just have been slow looking at the time before. No issues there.

Hope this helps!

4. Arnkh

Arnkh Rookie

Don't want to create a new topic, so here is another bug in android version.
    I am in the middle (?) of a deep run, so I got pretty familiar with all the numbers on the screen. Therefore I'm certain that in my Steam version I have 41 unspent :timecube: remaining, while the android version only shows 40.

5. Kenzie

Kenzie Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Not sure why that would happen, I'll do some testing and see if I can reproduce it on my end.