A Time Clickers Fan-fiction

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nelg, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Nelg

Nelg Rookie

Meet you. You are here. Also you are there. You are both here and there as well as neither there nor here. Time is fickle.

Oh look there you go again, you seem to be hurrying to get somewhere while you also wait here just gawking at room with a few cubes in it. You have a gun, you could use that gun, the you who was just here used that gun. Go on give it a try, we have all the time in the world but you really seemed to be in a hurry just then so maybe it would be better to not wait. Ah good I see eventually then or now you decided to give a tug of the trigger. I must say you are doing remarkably well this time.

What's that? Why destroy cubes? Why continue to go on and on? I can't tell you that, it would spoil the surprise. Tell you what though, you can walk away now just stop shooting cubes. No judging. You can't, can you? At least not yet because we've both seen you from the future still destroying cubes still going on still chasing something. I hope you find it but you wont find it until you arrive here again or maybe that version of you wont find it either.

Oh you can stop but look there you go again. Don't you want to know why you continue to break cubes? Why you continue to search? Why you keep ending up back here? I wont ruin it all for you but there are endless possibilities or zero possibilities. Time holds no meaning here and the only way you will get answers is if you clear wave after wave so go on, embrace your future!

Nervous are we. Well go on, shoot some more. It wont hurt, it didn't hurt after all the first time you murdered one. C'mon pull the trigger. The cubes don't have feelings, you're not a bad person for destroying them. They don't have family. They're cubes. Okay maybe that one had a sibling. Kidding!
    There we go, we're on our way now. You've got a real knack for slaughtering countless inanimate objects. I sure am happy these cubes can't feel your growing disdain for their existence. “I wasn't thinking that.” I hear you think. Well no, you didn't think that just then but I believe you will think it. At least later you will. Though you wont know if you walk away now so let's just keep going shall we?

Pay no attention to the others out there. Unless you want to, but it just becomes very sad if you're not pushing onward. Look, see that one, he's been like that for months. He keeps saying '91 warp at 100' over and over such a sad person but he was lost months back. He's not you though, look at you! You just keep pressing forward doing what you need to do breaking cubes over and over. Isn't it just so very rewarding.

Don't stop now! Just block them all out. You've done it already, you've seen you do it before so you know you can't stop here. I can't say you wont stop but you don't stop then so why stop now? Right, good, keep breaking keep going to another room and another room. Do the rooms stop? Why would I tell you that now when I could tell you later. Let's keep the suspense alive in our little relationship.

Oooh, a blue one. I think you can break it just the same. No this one doesn't feel pain either. Oh no it's not the heart or brain of some being. You're over thinking this, you. What if it were though? Would you go back in time and stop you from breaking the thousands of cubes you already broke? In the future you didn't try and stop yourself so why would you change what you can't change. Just accept it. I wont leave you. Or maybe that's what your after in the future, what if I DO leave you? Oh stop, I'm still here so just shoot it already.

Whoops here we go again. Shouldn't have touched the clock now we're back at the start. Feel different do we? Stronger maybe? Smarter definitely and I do say you look more handsome than before. Maybe this is what you were after the first time you came back. It does feel nice these little blue bits that came back with us. Oh my, already on our way again are we. Look how much easier it is to kill these silly little cubes! What's this, they weren't here before, look over there. Keeps repeating 'the artifacts aren't here have to go there to come back here.' Oh that explains it they have that silly little 'K' symbol on their forehead. Just babbling, more like complaining, this system works perfectly I assure you. I haven't lied to you yet.

Already back at the blue cube I see. Just ten more of these shiny little blue pieces. It isn't enough for you now is it? You feel better of course but it's not the same feeling. Maybe you should keep going. Let's not go back and repeat this again just yet. See! Just there, only a few rooms away and you got a some more. I do believe if you keep going further you will keep finding these little blue bits. Don't give up now, look at how amazing you are in the future. There you go again in a new universe with thousands of those blue cubes. Don't you want to be there now? Then we keep going, keep feeling good when we gather up more blue chunks. It's a pleasant feeling.

Can you even hear me now? I doubt you can. You keep traveling in time hungry for more time cubes. You repeat and repeat. Occasionally you end up stopping frustrated you can't gather up more of them. I'm quite certain you don't even know I'm here as you continue your hungry collection. Those cubes, the ones you kill? Each one is a room where another person climbs just like you and when you break the cube you set them free. Of course they die.

Your time will come soon. Just keep going but one day you'll want to stop gathering more cubes. One day you'll stop pulling the trigger. One day your cube will be the one broken. Much like a cow being led to the slaughter. Will it end? Who knows. I'm just here long enough to get you started. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Frawsti, polandmatt, Merriyn and 4 others like this.
  2. Mole2704

Mole2704 Spec Ops

Loving the commitment, maybe Proton/Kenzie will make it into a tutorial some day. I'm thinking something like "monitor" from Halo :)

polandmatt and Nelg like this.
  3. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

That's my favorite part.

4. Demurge

Demurge Spec Ops

You sir, just won the internet.
    I approve this post.

5. Fredrik21