5 More

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by TheUrb, Oct 13, 2015.

1. TheUrb

TheUrb Spec Ops

I have 46 seconds of ability time so I gain 23 seconds during max damage. I was topping out at about 15:00-15:20 at the same place in my run with 1.2. With the 1.3 upgrade, playing only on my iPhone, not tapping, I added an addition 5:00. Yea, that works. :D

Has anyone else had Banked Time gains like this?

[​IMG]

SinRopa and Kenzie like this.
  2. RessurrectedDoom

Yeah, I've managed to get up to 22 minutes at least by wave 1400 (assuming I paid attention and didn't get too distracted, which leads to delayed upgrades). It's really easier to stack the abilities time bonuses from boss waves thanks the Overpowered gimmick.
    Plus it helps when you got more time on your abilities from the artifacts themselves. I bet someone has already managed to stockpile 30 minutes worth of time for their abilities doing this.

3. TheUrb

TheUrb Spec Ops

What is your ability time to accomplish this feat?

4. RessurrectedDoom

Currently, it's 15 extra seconds, so it's about 7.5 from boss waves. Helps that I apply the 45 seconds as soon as I start a timeline.
    Blazing through the first 300 or so waves also helps since I start from wave 91 instead of higher waves (because I simply must get every single :timecube: & :weaponcube: I can in every timeline). I wonder how much more one might get if they started from the 1st wave....

5. TheUrb

TheUrb Spec Ops

O, well that must make for a terribly long run. But that is a ton on banked time, grats.

6. RessurrectedDoom

Cheers, but it might be really easy to get by just starting on an early wave, and now that it's easier to get more time on your abilities through the artifacts, it's really quite easy to stockpile 20+ minutes, that really, makes it seem like it's more than possible to get up to 30 minutes... or more even!

7. Dimps

Dimps Elite

That would be less cubes per minute overall.

8. Savi

Savi Rookie

How strong is the new overpowered feature? I'm thinking about respeccing and remove points from starting wave and instead put them on starting gold. Maybe you can blaze through the low levels super fast which will increase your overall cubes per minute.

9. Muche

Muche Elite

Currently, my overpowered mode lasts about 10 minutes (waves 91-530) and gains about 35 minutes of maximum damage. I gained 4089 :timecube:, which makes average 409 :timecube:/min. My last run topped at 1280 :timecube:/min.

So low waves do decrease average :timecube:. On the other hand, they increase maximum damage time, which helps with late waves. In version 1.2 this wasn't enough, I got only 950 :timecube:/min per run, while Dimps got over 1000 :timecube:/min, based on his graphs. Version 1.3's overpowered mode needs more research.

Also, this strategy of cumulating max. damage time in low waves means that runs will be longer, have to be continuous and require steady attention (upgrading team member too late means wasted max. damage time). So I'd say this strategy is not recommended for casual play.

10. Dimps

Dimps Elite

It's easy to check.

My belief is that during that 35 minutes you'd have max damage almost always on anyway, it woud just die off with boss fireworks (where it's useless) or a little bit before, which doesn't make much difference either.

Do a simple test:
    1. come at wave 530 with no stored max damage (switch stages at boss if you got some MD stored to spend it without moving forward)
    2. now start playing as perfectly as you always do, and reach wave# that you reached in your 35 minutes of MD.
    3. tell me how much time it took. I predict it would take less than 45 minutes.
      1. if it took more than 45 minutes, storing MD is legit
      2. if it took less than 45 minutes, then you'd need to employ some math:
        1. calculate 45-x time difference (let's say it will be 5 minutes)
        2. play game 5 minutes more
        3. calculate how much :timecube: was gotten during this 5 minutes
        4. compare it to amount of :timecube: you got during initial 10min run
    Really simple. It would take you an hour of your usual play + writing down few numbers. Could you do it, @Muche ?

11. Muche

Muche Elite

@Dimps, Well, my Increase active ability artifacts are at levels 13 and 10 (53s), so I am accumulating max. damage time well beyond overpowered mode waves (it tops at 57min around wave 1900) and it is being slowly depleted till wave ~3200 (~4h30min into the run).
    Anyways, I wil try your test, it just will take more than 1 hour :).

12. Muche

Muche Elite

This is what I did:
    Warped, upgraded everything as usual except unlocking active abilities (so they don't get activated at all), waited 10 minutes till wave ~530, then unlocked all abilities (after which they started to accumulate max. damage time).

After wave 2870 (~3h32min; pulse pistol L4975) max. damage time ran out and I was able to defeat the 2875 & 2880 bosses only by using all the abilities.
    I got 231686 :timecube:, out of which 4477 :timecube: is from the first 10 minutes, thus not countable in the test, which makes it average 1124 :timecube:/min.

Yesterday's control run reached wave 3305 (~4h40min; pulse pistol L5530), got 322886 :timecube:, averaging at 1153 :timecube:/min.

However, both runs ended in different positions (test run just before SpecOps; control run at the start of the SpecOps training). So I'd assume if I had different amount of levels in Increase active ability artifacts, or started at different wave, the results could favor one side.