100%

Discussion in 'Time Clickers' started by Dimps, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Muche

Muche Elite

@stevie123, there are three kinds of players - pure ones who play the original game, ones using scripts, and cheaters. You are clearly a purist, Dimps seems to be using scripts.

I would liken using scripts to using mods in other games. It creates different experience for people who want to challenge themselves in non-mainstream ways.

Morgath likes this.
  2. Dimps

Dimps Elite

As it should be. I rely big part on auto weapons. They always do it the same way as long as I upgrade them.

Stacking maxdamage is really overrated. It has almost no power (it depletes fast during stages where it's easy to shoot cubes, but not 1shot already), compared to the depth of how far I'm going.
    I'm not stacking maxdamage. I'm upgrading starting wave instead, this gives really more cubes.
    (if only fireworks delay would be gone, it would probably be worth trying)

Lol, no, not at all! I think you might miss out a lot. For me a big part of fun in this game comes from analysing competition, competing, planning, tweaking, tuning.
    Everyone likes different gamestyles. As long as you are happy with your experience - I couldn't be happier either.

And there is also a side of keeping your save safe in the cloud in case anything (probably even a bug, not just your hardware failure) happen. Other way to back progress up is to keep that export string somewhere safe and store it there regularly, but cloud sync is just so much easier.

And profile progress graphics! Man, I love them!

Sorry about that. I know modesty is a good thing. Benjamin Franklin teaches that one could go much further if he would just bend his head down a bit.
    But I also think a healthy portion of (what's the English word for it, pride?) is a good thing too. That's who I am indeed.

I'm glad you liked my example. Silly, isn't it? :p
    I guess I prefer... computers :S

But I enjoyed talking to you nevertheless. Any time you'll need an advice from a guy who enjoys computers, don't hesitate to ask!

PiMacleod and Morgath like this.
  3. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

This thread got weird :p We're all here to have some fun.

Anyway, we're balancing the Click Cannon right now. We're looking at the top players and see that many people have over 1 million Weapon Cubes already.

This tells us 2 things:

1. We probably priced the Artifacts that affect Weapon Cube spawn rate too low. We're thinking maxing it out should cost about 1 million Weapon Cubes instead of 270K. But we wouldn't take any upgrades away from people that already purchased them. Here's the current graph, we would increase the curve for the pink line:
    [​IMG]

2. We should set the unlock price of the Click Cannon at 100,000 instead of 10,000

4. polandmatt

polandmatt Spec Ops

5. Mashthatup

Mashthatup Elite

Finally!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Dimps likes this.
  6. Dimps

Dimps Elite

Grats, Mashthatup!

That was 7kk :weaponcube:.
    Be prepared to spend 17kk :weaponcube: more with 1.3 patch :)

#26 Dimps, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Mashthatup likes this.
  7. Dimulya

Dimulya Rookie

cheating so bad...

8. DavidBordeaux

Say what you want you used a script. Your "achievement" is worthless.

9. Dimps

Dimps Elite

I don't see @Mashthatup being a cheater. All of his graphs are legit.

Could you please tell me more, what's going on with your graphs, @Dimulya. Why are they so edgy?

#29 Dimps, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  10. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

Gonna reply to this thread even though it probably won't change peoples mind about the issue.

I must admit to a certain bias as I am a upfront script user. If you want to call me a cheater for doing so, Then so be it.

It's all about degrees of how you play the game. There are some people who want to learn it all themselves. They won't even read the forums so they are not influenced by others opinions on how to play the game. Others will read tips and hint but will play the purest game possible.

In a game such as this one, automation is so easy and so rewarding that it is very common to use such scripts to avoid the long hard slog that playing pure entails. This is the way I play.

Of course there are those whose impatience means they will cheat to get the rewards. Since they are meaningless steam achievements in the most part its easier to hack the steam achievements and move on. (and hacking and bragging is not going to be well in this forum as its so easy to see the stats and see who has obviously cheated.)

Everyone looks down on the hackers, and when it comes down to it they won't be around long, The lure of the reward of the achievement too quickly wanes because it was 100% artificial and has no meaning, so they quickly move on.

Now the pure players may look down on the scripters as doing the same thing. And it is sort of artificial. But there is a lot of involvement in the game. From writing or fine tuning a script, to learning the mechanics to work out the best way of doing things. While those who use a script may be taking a short cut from the purist point of view, you cannot view them as not being involved in the game.

I am not completely sure exactly who the accusations of cheating are aimed at in this thread, but they mostly (if I am not mistaken) seem to be aimed at DImps as he created it (mostly to report a slight bug in the game) if people are calling him a cheater, I'd like to say this.

In the end it comes down to play styles. I do not give a ❤❤❤❤ if Dimps is using scripts. I do not care if he uses his army of friends and relatives to play around the clock. He hasn't cheated. He hasn't hacked the game, he just committed every resource he could to besting the game and his results speak for themselves. I looked at his build and its pretty good at farming so you do not need to be at the computer most of the time to actually play it so its possible he doesn't actually use much scripting. I know from experience that an autoclicker is slightly pointless is you are only going short runs, as you normally are in max damage the whole time, so upgrading your team is the only important thing. However he does it, its his business.

To the purist who wants to call Dimps or myself a cheater. Go ahead. But also take a look at yourself, and consider exactly why you are constraining yourself to one play-style. Consider that the values you hold dear are different to others, and that being closed minded about it is not going to help yourself.

We all want to play the game. How does it really matter how we do it?

#30 Morgath, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  11. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

Exactly.

At the start we wrestled with the decision of how much anti-hacking we should do, but it was the wrong question to ask. Our strongest objective is to stop trolls (people that are mean or taunt other players).

When the game first launched we did block auto-clickers from working, but we had some conversations with people on Reddit that were certainly not trolls and made great arguments for auto-clickers and automation in general being a play style that some people enjoy. Shortly after that we allowed auto-clickers in the code.

To mitigate the Live Leaderboard situation we made it so you need to have over 7 days worth of play time to show above Wave 1500, and over 14 days to show above Wave 1999. After someone spends 2 weeks playing, I think it is pretty good evidence they are part of the community enjoying the game and not a hacker trying to quickly troll people (and if they are we could easily delete their progress in 5 minutes forcing them to spend another 2 weeks just to troll again).

We do have a future vision for people to group into clans, and the clans can set the play style rules. Now if this is for Time Clickers or a sequel we aren't sure. Part of me really wants to do some true 3D stuff running around in an endless voxel world, but we're still having fun adding features to :timecube:. So looking forward to releasing 1.3!

tris, uxfvtxla, Dimps and 1 other person like this.
  12. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

Nice to get one of the creators of the game to put their input in :)

I think it's a fair compromise. You don't show up on the leaderboard for a week or two, so if you want to hack and brag, gonna have to wait a bit, and by then probably going to have moved on.

Won't stop the argument completely ofc, but the idea of clans is a nice one. Maybe the ones who use scripts are higher level than the clans who don't - you can compete among those using the same rules as you want to play with.You are than competing on a fairer playing field.

Now if you could combine time clickers with time rifters that could be fun :)

#32 Morgath, Oct 5, 2015
  13. DavidBordeaux

I don't have a problem with "players" using scripts, cheatengine or autoclickers, just don't brag about the "achievements" you get by doing it.

For me the script thread is interesting, but making a whole new thread with just the 100% pic while using them is useless, worthless, and in my opinion just plain stupid!

14. RessurrectedDoom

I honestly have to agree with Morgath here. I personally don't care how people play this. Purist? Go ahead. Auto-clicker? Sure. Scripts? I won't use them myself, but whatever floats your boat.

All I use is just an autoclicker to spare my fingers needless pain. Otherwise, I plan to make it to the end without scripts. Those who do use scripts are only taking their own path, same as the purists have their own path. Travel to the end any way you want, as long as you're not rubbing your success in another's face.

And in the meantime, I'll continue my personal slog to max out my Weapon Cube gains now that I've got them spawning at 100% chance.

15. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

@DavidBordeaux As I said it's a different play-style and different goals and ambitions. So those of us using scripts are bragging about doing such and an such an achievement or getting to higher and higher levels? We are using a different rule-set than the one you are using.

Best try not to let it get you annoyed, as we are playing it on a completely different level to the one you are doing. I think that doing it your way is a decent and honorable way of doing it. It's just not how I want to play the game.

For me, I want to see what is achievable by pushing the rules to the limit and working out the best way forward with all the tools at my disposal. Its more important to me to try to get the fullest out of the game and I will use scripts to do so. It doesn't help that I am away from my PC for large chunks of time so I cannot play to my fullest.

As Proton said, he wants to set a clan system. if they institute clans than its easier to compare progress on a fair playing field. Until then, try not to let it bother you. I personally don't think I am better than you for getting a higher level or more timecubes, or whatever, I have a lot of respect for the progress you have made without them.I know I have only progressed to where I am because I used scripts to help me. If I were to go purist now that would be a challenge, but I don't wish to play that way at the Present.

#35 Morgath, Oct 5, 2015
  16. Proton

Proton Administrator
    Developer Moderator

@DavidBordeaux has one very rare achievement that nobody else can get anymore, a profile id on TimeGamers below 100!

Morgath likes this.
  17. Morgath

Morgath Advanced

I'm envious. Maybe I could timewarp back to the first day and sneak a sub 100 profile :)

Proton likes this.
  18. Nukemarine

Nukemarine Rookie

That's interesting. The auto-clicking for Pistol and Launcher makes the passive style very powerful. I wonder if there's merit in a "passive promotion" feature that players can purchase with weapon cubes. There can be two areas to purchase: threshold and time. Threshold can start at 100 meaning only a member that can promote at least 100 levels gets clicked. In event of more than one member above 100, the one that can go up the most levels. Time can start at 1000 seconds and is the count down between passive promotions. These can be improved by reducing the default 1 level or 10 seconds. Even better, have this apply to each team member meaning 10 items to improve with independent passive leveling.

19. Dimps

Dimps Elite

20. Humerez

Humerez Spec Ops